The effect of ideology on policy outcomes in proportional representation systems
In this paper we propose a model in which there are ideological and strate- gic voters who vote under poportional rule. We prove that the behavior of ideological voters matters for the determination of the outcome. We show that a subset of strategic voters partially counteracts the votes of the ideological voters.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2011|
|Date of revision:||Mar 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 02 6448 3089
Fax: +39 02 6448 3085
Web page: http://dipeco.economia.unimib.it
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francesco Sinopoli & Giovanna Iannantuoni, 2007.
"A spatial voting model where proportional rule leads to two-party equilibria,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 267-286, January.
- DE SINOPOLI, Francesco & IANNANTUONI, Giovanna, 2000. "A spatial voting model where proportional rule leads to two-party equilibria," CORE Discussion Papers 2000037, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Francesco De Sinopoli & Giovanna Iannantuoni, 2003. "A Spatial Voting Model Where Proportional Rule Leads to Two-Party Equilibria," CEIS Research Paper 31, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Francesco de Sinopoli & Leo Ferraris & Giovanna Iannantuoni, 2011.
"The effect of ideology on policy outcomes in proportional representation systems,"
205, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2011.
- De Sinopoli, Francesco & Ferraris, Leo & Iannantuoni, Giovanna, 2011. "The effect of ideology on policy outcomes in proportional representation systems," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 87-90, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mib:wpaper:205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Reale)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.