Report NEP-POL-2011-03-19This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Francesco de Sinopoli & Leo Ferraris & Giovanna Iannantuoni, 2011. "The effect of ideology on policy outcomes in proportional representation systems," Working Papers 205, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2011.
- Canes-Wrone, Brandice & Park, Jee-Kwang, 2010. "Reverse Electoral Business Cycles and Housing Markets," Papers 9-12-2010b, Princeton University, Research Program in Political Economy.
- R. Rovelli & A. Zaiceva, 2011. "Individual support for economic and political changes: Evidence from transition countries, 1991-2004," Working Papers wp736, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Robinson, James A, 2011. "The Political Value of Land: Democratization and Land Prices in Chile," CEPR Discussion Papers 8296, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martorana, Marco Ferdinando & Mazza, Isidoro, 2010. "Satisfaction and adaptation in voting behavior: an empirical exploration," MPRA Paper 29135, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2011.
- Canes-Wrone, Brandice & Park, Jee-Kwang, 2010. "Electoral Business Cycles in OECD Countries," Papers 9-12-2010a, Princeton University, Research Program in Political Economy.
- Lakshmi Iyer & Anandi Mani & Prachi Mishra & Petia Topalova, 2011. "The Power of Political Voice: Women's Political Representation and Crime in India," Harvard Business School Working Papers 11-092, Harvard Business School, revised Aug 2011.
- Reda, Mulubrhan Amare & Calfat, Germán, 2010. "Food Aid Impact on Poverty Reduction: Empirical Evidence from Rural Households in Ethiopia," IOB Discussion Papers 2010.05, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB).
- Antoine Loeper, 2010. "Federal Directives, Local Discretion and the Majority Rule," Discussion Papers 1522, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Feng, Xunan & Johansson, Anders C. & Zhang, Tianyu, 2011. "Political Participation and Entrepreneurial Initial Public Offerings in China," Working Paper Series 2011-17, China Economic Research Center, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Gul, Faruk & Pesendorfer, Wolfgang, 2010. "The War of Information," Papers 9-13-2010, Princeton University, Research Program in Political Economy.
- Bruno S. Frey & Paolo Pamini & Lasse Steiner, 2011. "What determines the World Heritage List? An econometric analysis," ECON - Working Papers 001, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Mu, Ren & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2011. "The role of elected and appointed village leaders in the allocation of public resources: Evidence from a low-income region in China," IFPRI discussion papers 1061, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shor, Boris & McCarty, Nolan, 2010. "The Ideological Mapping of American Legislatures," Papers 8-11-2010, Princeton University, Research Program in Political Economy.
- Jean-Louis Arcand & Adama Bah & Julien Labonne, 2010. "Conflict, Ideology and Foreign Aid," HiCN Working Papers 86, Households in Conflict Network.