A Review of the `BMS' Package for R
This paper describes the relative merits and attractiveness of the newest Bayesian model averaging package, BMS, available in the statistical software R to implement a Bayesian model averaging exercise. This package provides the user with a wide range of customizable priors for conducting a BMA analysis, provides ample graphs to visualize the results and offers several alternative model search mechanisms.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Forthcoming: Working|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (305) 284-5540
Fax: (305) 284-2985
Web page: http://www.bus.miami.edu/faculty-and-research/academic-departments/economics/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yves Croissant & Giovanni Millo, . "Panel Data Econometrics in R: The plm Package," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 27(i02).
- Harrison, David Jr. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L., 1978. "Hedonic housing prices and the demand for clean air," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Martin Feldkircher & Stefan Zeugner, 2009. "Benchmark Priors Revisited: On Adaptive Shrinkage and the Supermodel Effect in Bayesian Model Averaging," IMF Working Papers 09/202, International Monetary Fund.
- Racine, J & Hyndman, R.J., 2001.
"Using R to Teach Econometrics,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
10/01, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Liang, Feng & Paulo, Rui & Molina, German & Clyde, Merlise A. & Berger, Jim O., 2008. "Mixtures of g Priors for Bayesian Variable Selection," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103, pages 410-423, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mia:wpaper:2011-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher Parmeter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.