Beyond Coping. Risk Management in the West Bank
Concerned with the equation of risk management behaviours, the research analyses whether risk management in context of armed conflict is different to that observed during natural disasters and economic crises. Based on the case study of the West Bank during 2000-2004, this investigation uses primary data about household’s perceptions, the Palestinian Expenditure and Consumption Survey and a conflict data set to explore how the characteristics of the occupationproduced shocks unfold into the household’s risk management. The distinctive features observed in the risk-related behaviour of West Bank Palestinians indicate that the standard risk management framework needs to be adapted to intregate the endogenous, multidimensional and dynamic nature of conflict-produced shocks.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Brighton BN1 9RE|
Phone: +44 (0) 1273 606261
Fax: +44 (0) 1273 621202
Web page: http://www.microconflict.eu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gabriela Guerrero-Serdán, 2009.
"The Effects of the War in Iraq on Nutrition and Health: An Analysis Using Anthropometric Outcomes of Children,"
Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics
09/01, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London.
- Gabriela Guerrero-Serdán, 2009. "The Effects of the War in Iraq on Nutrition and Health: An Analysis Using Anthropometric Outcomes of Children," HiCN Working Papers 55, Households in Conflict Network.
- Guerrero Serdan, Gabriela, 2009. "The Effects of the War in Iraq on Nutrition and Health: An Analysis Using Anthropometric Outcomes of Children," MPRA Paper 14056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos Bozzoli & Tilman Brück & Nina Wald, 2011.
"Self-Employment and Conflict in Colombia,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1098, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Carlos Bozzoli & Tilman Brück & Nina Wald, 2010. "Self-Employment and Conflict in Colombia," HiCN Working Papers 82, Households in Conflict Network.
- Carlos Bozzoli & Tilman Brück & Nina Wald, 2011. "Self-Employment and Conflict in Colombia," Research Working Papers 43, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Alwang, Jeffrey & Siegel, Paul B. & Jorgensen, Steen L., 2001. "Vulnerability : a view from different disciplines," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 23304, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcn:rwpapr:42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Spall)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.