Heterogeneous learning dynamics and speed of convergence
In a simple, forward looking linear stochastic model we investigate the impact of heterogeneity in expectations formation on the speed of convergence of the learning process of agents towards equilibrium. We …nd that even when heterogeneity does not a¤ect learnability in term of its asymptotic outcome, it can still have an important impact on the learnability of an equilibrium in terms of the speed of convergence of learning dynamics.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/subjects/economics/our-research/centre-for-growth-and-business-cycle-research/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berardi, Michele, 2007. "Heterogeneity and misspecifications in learning," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 3203-3227, October.
- John Duffy, 2010.
"Real-Time, Adaptive Learning via Parameterized Expectations,"
400, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2010.
- Berardi, Michele & Duffy, John, 2015. "Real-Time, Adaptive Learning Via Parameterized Expectations," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 245-269, March.
- Michele Berardi & John Duffy, 2010. "Real-Time, Adaptive Learning via Parameterized Expectations," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 147, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Guse, Eran A., 2005. "Stability properties for learning with heterogeneous expectations and multiple equilibria," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1623-1642, October.
- Ferrero, Giuseppe, 2007. "Monetary policy, learning and the speed of convergence," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 3006-3041, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:man:cgbcrp:148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marianne Sensier)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Marianne Sensier to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.