Do Tax Cuts Generate Twin Deficits? A Multi-Country Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Martin Boileau & Michel Normandin, 2012. "Do tax cuts generate twin deficits? A multi-country analysis," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1667-1699, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Normandin, Michel, 1999.
"Budget deficit persistence and the twin deficits hypothesis,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 171-193, October.
- Michel Normandin, 1994. "Budget Deficit Persistence and the Twin Deficits Hypothesis," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 31, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Michel Normandin, 1996. "Budget Deficit Persistence and the Twin Deficits Hypothesis," Macroeconomics 9607001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Gernot J. Müller, 2008. "Twin Deficits, Openness, and the Business Cycle," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 404-413, 04-05.
- Roel Beetsma & Massimo Giuliodori & Franc Klaassen, 2008. "The Effects of Public Spending Shocks on Trade Balances and Budget Deficits in the European Union," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 414-423, 04-05.
- Boileau, Martin & Normandin, Michel, 2002.
"Aggregate employment, real business cycles, and superior information,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 495-520, April.
- Martin Boileau & Michel Normandin, 1997. "Aggregate Employment, Real Business Cycles, and Superior Information," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 55, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Bussière, Matthieu & Fratzscher, Marcel & Müller, Gernot J., 2010.
"Productivity shocks, budget deficits and the current account,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1562-1579, December.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Müller, Gernot J. & Bussière, Matthieu, 2005. "Productivity shocks, budget deficits and the current account," Working Paper Series 509, European Central Bank.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Gernot J. Müller, 2006.
"Twin deficits: squaring theory, evidence and common sense,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(48), pages 597-638, October.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Gernot J. Müller, 2005. "Twin Deficits: Squaring Theory, Evidence and Common Sense," Economics Working Papers ECO2005/22, European University Institute.
- Leonardo Bartolini & Amartya Lahiri, 2006. "Twin deficits, twenty years later," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 12(Oct).
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
- Gali, Jordi, 1990. "Finite horizons, life-cycle savings, and time-series evidence on consumption," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 433-452, December.
- Lane, Philip & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria, "undated". "External Wealth of Nations," Instructional Stata datasets for econometrics extwealth, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rishav Bista & Josh Ederington & Jenny Minier & Brandon J. Sheridan, 2016. "Austerity and Exports," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 203-225, May.
- Stephen Nicar, 2015.
"International Spillovers from U.S. Fiscal Policy Shocks,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 1081-1097, November.
- Nicar, Stephen, 2014. "International spillovers from U.S. fiscal policy shocks," MPRA Paper 63214, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Normandin, Michel, 2011. "Déficits extérieur et budgétaire : jumeaux, petits cousins ou parfaits étrangers?," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 87(4), pages 407-443, décembre.
More about this item
KeywordsBudget Deficit; External Deficit; Fiscal Policy; Overlapping Generations;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2008-10-21 (Central Banking)
- NEP-DGE-2008-10-21 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2008-10-21 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-OPM-2008-10-21 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:lacicr:0832. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cirpeca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.