The smoking wage penality in the United Kingdom: Regression and matching evidence from the British Household Survey Panel
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S & Grossman, Michael & Murphy, Kevin M, 1994.
"An Empirical Analysis of Cigarette Addiction,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 396-418, June.
- Gary S. Becker & Michael Grossman & Kevin M. Murphy, 1990. "An Empirical Analysis of Cigarette Addiction," NBER Working Papers 3322, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Michael Grossman & Kevin M. Murphy, 1990. "An Empirical Analysis of Cigarette Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 61, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Bush, Robert & Wooden, Mark, 1995. "Smoking and absence from work: Australian evidence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 437-446, August.
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-700, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986. "A Theory of Rational Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Silke Anger & Michael Kvasnicka, 2006. "Biases in Estimates of the Smoking Wage Penalty," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 654, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Heineck, Guido & Schwarze, Johannes, 2003. "Substance Use and Earnings: The Case of Smokers in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 743, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M. Christopher Auld, 2005. "Smoking, Drinking, and Income," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(2).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre Pestieau & Gregory Ponthiere, 2012.
"Myopia, regrets, and risky behaviors,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(2), pages 288-317, April.
- Pierre Pestieau & Grégory Ponthière, 2009. "Myopia, regrets and risky behaviors," PSE Working Papers halshs-00566823, HAL.
- Pierre Pestieau & Grégory Ponthière, 2012. "Myopia, Regrets and Risky Behaviors," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00754611, HAL.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre & PONTHIERE, Grégory, 2012. "Myopia, regrets, and risky behaviors," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2452, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ermakov, Stepan, 2012. "The impact of smoking intensity on wages in Russia," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 25(1), pages 70-94.
More about this item
KeywordsSmoking wage penalty; United Kingdom; discrimination;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lue:wpaper:96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Wagner). General contact details of provider: https://leuphana.de/institute/ivwl.html .