The Persistence of the Gender Earnings Gap: Cohort Trends and the Role of Education in Twelve Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Louis Chauvel, 2016. "The Intensity and Shape of Inequality: The ABG Method of Distributional Analysis," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 62(1), pages 52-68, March.
- Louis Chauvel & Anja K Leist & Valentina Ponomarenko, 2016. "Testing Persistence of Cohort Effects in the Epidemiology of Suicide: an Age-Period-Cohort Hysteresis Model," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(7), pages 1-20, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Paola, Maria & Lombardo, Rosetta & Pupo, Valeria & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2021.
"Do Women Shy Away from Public Speaking? A Field Experiment,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Maria De Paola & Rosetta Lombarso & Valeria Pupo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2020. "Do Women Shy Away From Public Speaking? A Field Experiment," Working Papers 202001 Classification-JEL, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- De Paola, Maria & Lombardo, Rosetta & Pupo, Valeria & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2020. "Do Women Shy Away from Public Speaking? A Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 12959, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Maria De Paola & Rosetta Lombardo & Valeria Pupo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2020. "Do Women Shy Away from Public Speaking? A Field Experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00706, The Field Experiments Website.
- Héctor Alberto Botello-Peñaloza, 2021. "Wage Inequality of Venezuelan Migrants in Ecuador," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 64(1), pages 115-132, March.
- Eyal Bar-Haim & Carmel Blank, 2019. "Second-Chance Alternatives and Maintained Inequality in Access to Higher Education in Israel," Social Inclusion, Cogitatio Press, vol. 7(1), pages 28-37.
- Tierney, Warren & Hardy, Jay H. & Ebersole, Charles R. & Leavitt, Keith & Viganola, Domenico & Clemente, Elena Giulia & Gordon, Michael & Dreber, Anna & Johannesson, Magnus & Pfeiffer, Thomas & Uhlman, 2020. "Creative destruction in science," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 291-309.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Eyal Bar-Haim & Louis Chauvel & Anne Hartung, 2018. "More Necessary and Less Sufficient: An Age-Period-Cohort Approach to Overeducation in Comparative Perspective," LIS Working papers 734, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Vladimir Hlasny, 2021.
"Parametric representation of the top of income distributions: Options, historical evidence, and model selection,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 1217-1256, September.
- Vladimir Hlasny, 2020. "Parametric Representation of the Top of Income Distributions: Options, Historical Evidence and Model Selection," Working Papers 547, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Vladimir Hlasny, 2020. "Parametric Representation of the Top of Income Distributions: Options, Historical Evidence and Model Selection," Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series 90, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Enrique Acosta & Alain Gagnon & Nadine Ouellette & Robert R. Bourbeau & Marilia R. Nepomuceno & Alyson A. van Raalte, 2020. "The boomer penalty: excess mortality among baby boomers in Canada and the United States," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2020-003, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Askenazy, Philippe & Palier, Bruno, 2018. "France: rising precariousness supported by the welfare state," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1801, CEPREMAP.
- Adrien Remund & Carlo G. Camarda & Tim Riffe, 2018. "A Cause-of-Death Decomposition of Young Adult Excess Mortality," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 55(3), pages 957-978, June.
- Octavio Nicolas Bramajo, 2022. "An Age-Period-Cohort Approach to Analyse Late-Life Depression Prevalence in Six European Countries, 2004–2016," European Journal of Population, Springer;European Association for Population Studies, vol. 38(2), pages 223-245, May.
- Victor Amoureux & Elvire Guillaud & Michaël Zemmour & Thomas Breda & Laurent Caussat & Janet Gornick Vi & Bruno Palier, 2019.
"L'impact redistributif des modèles socio-fiscaux de protection sociale : analyse comparée internationale 1,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Victor Amoureux & Elvire Guillaud & Michaël Zemmour & Thomas Breda & Laurent Caussat & Janet Gornick Vi & Bruno Palier, 2019. "L'impact redistributif des modèles socio-fiscaux de protection sociale : analyse comparée internationale 1," Working Papers hal-03526560, HAL.
- Louis Chauvel & Eyal Bar-Haim, 2016. "Varieties of Capitalism (VoC) and Varieties of Distributions (VoD): How Welfare Regimes Affect the Pre- and Post-Transfer Shapes of Inequalities?," LIS Working papers 677, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Louis Chauvel & Eyal Bar-Haim & Anne Hartung & Emily Murphy, 2021. "Rewealthization in 21st Century Western Countries: The Defining Trend of the Socioeconomic Squeeze of the Middle Class," LIS Working papers 821, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Shih-Yung Su & Wen-Chung Lee, 2019. "Age-period-cohort analysis with a constant-relative-variation constraint for an apportionment of period and cohort slopes," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(12), pages 1-21, December.
- Andrew Bell & Kelvyn Jones, 2018. "The hierarchical age–period–cohort model: Why does it find the results that it finds?," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 783-799, March.
- Louis Chauvel & Anne Hartung, 2016. "Malaise in the Western Middle Classes," LIS Working papers 683, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Jan Voelzke & Fabian Goessling, 2016. "Should We Like it? - A Social Welfare Based Quantification of Policy Attractiveness," CQE Working Papers 5716, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Victor Amoureux & Elvire Guillaud & Michael Zemmour, 2019. "Les déterminants de la redistribution monétaire, une analyse en comparaison internationale," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/7o37b1vm588, Sciences Po.
- Adrien Remund & Carlo G. Camarda & Timothy Riffe, 2017. "A cause-of-death decomposition of the young adult mortality hump," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2017-007, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Esperanza Vera-Toscano & Elena C. Meroni, 2021. "An Age–Period–Cohort Approach to the Incidence and Evolution of Overeducation and Skills Mismatch," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 153(2), pages 711-740, January.
- Victor Amoureux & Elvire Guillaud & Michaël Zemmour, 2019. "L'impact redistributif des modèles socio-fiscaux de protection sociale : analyse comparée internationale," Working Papers hal-03471417, HAL.
- Chauvel Louis & Hartung Anne & Palmisano Flaviana, 2019. "Dynamics of Individual Income Rank Volatility: Evidence from West Germany and the US," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 19(2), pages 1-22, April.
- Esperanza Vera-Toscano & Elena C. Meroni, 2021. "An age–period–cohort approach to disentangling generational differences in family values and religious beliefs: Understanding the modern Australian family today," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 45(20), pages 653-692.
- Md. Iqbal Bhuyan & Keun-Yeob Oh, 2021. "Exports and Inequality: Evidence from the Highly Concentrated Textile and Garment Sector of Bangladesh," Journal of South Asian Development, , vol. 16(2), pages 293-309, August.
More about this item
Keywords-gender gap; education; earnings; age-period-cohort analysis; Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition;
All these keywords.
- J7 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination
- I26 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Returns to Education
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EUR-2018-07-23 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GEN-2018-07-23 (Gender)
- NEP-HIS-2018-07-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LMA-2018-07-23 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lis:liswps:737. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/lisprlu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Piotr Paradowski (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/lisprlu.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.