European Trade and Foreign Direct Investment. U-Shaping Industrial Output in Central and Eastern Europe: Theory and Evidence
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Patrick P. Walsh & Alexander Repkine, 1998. "European Trade and Foreign Direct Investment U-Shaping Industrial Output in Central and Eastern Europe; Theory and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 98/150, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gérard Roland & Thierry Verdier, 1999.
"Transition and the output fall,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Roland, G. & Verdier, T., 1997. "Transition and the Output Fall," DELTA Working Papers 97-09, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Roland, Gérard & Verdier, Thierry, 1997. "Transition and the Output Fall," CEPR Discussion Papers 1636, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gerard Roland & Thierry Verdier, 1997. "Transition and the Output Fall," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 37, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Aturupane, Chonira & Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1997.
"Determinants of intra-industry trade between East and West Europe,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1850, The World Bank.
- Aturupane, Chonira & Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1997. "Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade between East and West Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 1721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Faggio, Giulia, 2007.
"Job destruction, job creation and unemployment in transition countries: what can we learn?,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
19716, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Giulia Faggio, 2007. "Job Destruction, Job Creation and Unemployment in Transition Countries: What Can We Learn?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0798, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Orla Doyle & Patrick Paul Walsh, 2005.
"Did political constraints bind during transition? Evidence from Czech elections 1990 - 2002,"
Trinity Economics Papers
2000515, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Orla Doyle & Paul Patrick Walsh, 2006. "Did Political Constraints Bind during Transition? Evidence from Czech Elections 1990-2002," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp117, IIIS.
- Orla Doyle & Patrick Paul Walsh, 2005. "Did political constraints bind during transition? Evidence from Czech elections 1990 - 2002," Trinity Economics Papers tep200515, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Doyle, Orla & Walsh, Patrick Paul, 2005. "Did Political Constraints Bind During Transition? Evidence from Czech Elections 1990-2002," IZA Discussion Papers 1719, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:tcd:wpaper:tep15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Faggio, Giulia & Konings, Jozef, 1999. "Gross Job Flows and Firm Growth in Transition Countries: Evidence Using Firm Level Data on Five Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 2261, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bezuidenhout, Henri & Naude, Wim, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment and Trade in the Southern African Development Community," WIDER Working Paper Series 088, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Köke, Jens & Salem, Tanja, 2000. "Corporate finance and restructuring: evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-21, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jozef Konings & Ana Xavier, 2002. "Firm Growth and Survival in a Transition Country: Micro Evidence from Slovenia," LICOS Discussion Papers 11402, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- McGoldrick, Peter & Walsh, P. Paul, 2007. "Successful Factor Market Competition Pre-Privatisation? China`s eclectic.com," Research Technical Papers 3/RT/07, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Fiona Duffy & Patrick Paul Walsh, 2000. "A Regional Analysis of Wage Determination in Poland," LICOS Discussion Papers 8700, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Magdalena RĂDULESCU & Luminiţa ŞERBĂNESCU, 2012. "The Impact of FDIs on Exports, and Export Competitiveness in Central and Eastern European Countries," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 2(1), pages 1-5, February.
- Goran Vuksic, 2005. "Impact of foreign direct investment on Croatian manufacturing exports," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 29(2), pages 131-158.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; Industrial Output Growth; Transition Economies; Cross- Country and Branches of Industry Regressions;
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- P23 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Factor and Product Markets; Industry Studies; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-10-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2003-10-20 (European Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2003-10-20 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lic:licosd:7398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/licosbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.