Rendimiento de los Estudiantes de las Universidades Públicas Argentinas
This work has as objective to analyze the factors that influence in the students' performance. The whole population of students of public universities in Argentina is used. The data are of the Census of Students of National Universities of 1994. Indicators of the main characteristics of the Public Universities are presented and their students. Are studied factors that influence in the students' performance, defined as the quantity of matters approved per year from the entrance. This performance measure is the one that adopts the art. 50 of the Law of Superior Education (Law 24.521/95) to define regular student's condition. Estimates econometrics of the determinant of the students' performance are presented for the universe of students of the Public Universities (around 400 thousand observations) and for separate for each one of the Universities.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Calle 48 No555 - La Plata (1900)|
Phone: 21- 1466
Web page: http://www.depeco.econo.unlp.edu.ar/doctrab.php
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Light, Audrey, 2001. "In-School Work Experience and the Returns to Schooling," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 65-93, January.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-77, September.
- Robert Haveman & Barbara Wolfe, 1995. "The Determinants of Children's Attainments: A Review of Methods and Findings," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1829-1878, December.
- Light, Audrey, 1998. "Estimating Returns to Schooling: When Does the Career Begin?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 31-45, February.
- Marcos Gallacher, 1998. "Predicción de Performance Académica, Estudios de Postgrado," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 129, Universidad del CEMA.
- Murnane, Richard J & Maynard, Rebecca A & Ohls, James C, 1981. "Home Resources and Children's Achievement," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(3), pages 369-77, August.
- McGuckin, Robert H & Winkler, Donald R, 1979. "University Resources in the Production of Education," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(2), pages 242-48, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lap:wpaper:045. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diego Fernandez Felices)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.