Effects of Tax Incentives on Sales of Eco-Friendly Vehicles: Evidence from Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chandra, Ambarish & Gulati, Sumeet & Kandlikar, Milind, 2010. "Green drivers or free riders? An analysis of tax rebates for hybrid vehicles," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 78-93, September.
- Arie Beresteanu & Shanjun Li, 2011. "Gasoline Prices, Government Support, And The Demand For Hybrid Vehicles In The United States," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 52(1), pages 161-182, February.
- Gallagher, Kelly Sims & Muehlegger, Erich, 2011.
"Giving green to get green? Incentives and consumer adoption of hybrid vehicle technology,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Gallagher, Kelly Sims & Muehlegger, Erich, 2008. "Giving Green to Get Green: Incentives and Consumer Adoption of Hybrid Vehicle Technology," Working Paper Series rwp08-009, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tomomi Miyazaki, 2016.
"Fiscal stimulus effectiveness in Japan: evidence from recent policies,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(27), pages 2506-2515, June.
- Tomomi Miyazaki, 2015. "Fiscal Stimulus Effectiveness in Japan: Evidence from Recent Policies," Discussion Papers 1508, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Hanae Tamechika & Shin’ya Okuda, 2017. "Stock price responses to the eco-points programme for electrical household appliances: evidence from Japan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(58), pages 5856-5864, December.
- Palmer, Kate & Tate, James E. & Wadud, Zia & Nellthorp, John, 2018. "Total cost of ownership and market share for hybrid and electric vehicles in the UK, US and Japan," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 209(C), pages 108-119.
- Heechul Min, 2015. "Korea's Cash-for-Clunkers Program: Household-Level Evidence," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 347-363, December.
- Tomomi Miyazaki, 2014. "Fiscal Policy Effectiveness in Japan: Experiences from Recent Policies," Discussion Papers 1416, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Laborda, Juan & Moral, María J., 2019. "Scrappage by age: Cash for Clunkers matters!," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 488-504.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nathan Delacrétaz & Bruno Lanz & Jeremy van Dijk, 2020. "The chicken or the egg: Technology adoption and network infrastructure in the market for electric vehicles," IRENE Working Papers 20-08, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
- Filippini, Massimo & Wekhof, Tobias, 2021.
"The effect of culture on energy efficient vehicle ownership,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 105(C).
- Massimo Filippini & Tobias Wekhof, 2018. "The Effect of Culture on Energy Efficient Vehicle Ownership," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 17/278, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Sun, Shanxia & Delgado, Michael & Khanna, Neha, 2017. "Hybrid Vehicles and Household Driving Behavior: Implications for Miles Traveled and Gasoline Consumption," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258502, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jordi Perdiguero & Juan Luis Jiménez, 2012. "“Policy options for the promotion of electric vehicles: a review”," IREA Working Papers 201208, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Mar 2012.
- Azarafshar, Roshanak & Vermeulen, Wessel N., 2020. "Electric vehicle incentive policies in Canadian provinces," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(C).
- Garth Heutel & Erich Muehlegger, 2015.
"Consumer Learning and Hybrid Vehicle Adoption,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 62(1), pages 125-161, September.
- Heutel, Garth & Muehlegger, Erich J., 2010. "Consumer Learning and Hybrid Vehicle Adoption," Scholarly Articles 4448996, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Heutel, Garth & Muehlegger, Erich, 2010. "Consumer Learning and Hybrid Vehicle Adoption," Working Paper Series rwp10-013, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Delgado, Michael S. & Harriger, Jessica L. & Khanna, Neha, 2015. "The value of environmental status signaling," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 1-11.
- Zhang, Xian & Wang, Ke & Hao, Yu & Fan, Jing-Li & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2013.
"The impact of government policy on preference for NEVs: The evidence from China,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 382-393.
- Xian Zhang & Ke Wang & Yu Hao & Yi-Ming Wei & Jing-Li Fan, 2016. "The impact of government policy on preference for NEVs: the evidence from China," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 88, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Higueras-Castillo, Elena & LiÃ©bana-Cabanillas, Francisco JosÃ© & MuÃ±oz-Leiva, Francisco & GarcÃa-Maroto, Inmaculada, 2019. "Evaluating consumer attitudes toward electromobility and the moderating effect of perceived consumer effectiveness," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 387-398.
- Liu, Yizao, 2014. "Household demand and willingness to pay for hybrid vehicles," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 191-197.
- Clinton, Bentley C. & Steinberg, Daniel C., 2019. "Providing the Spark: Impact of financial incentives on battery electric vehicle adoption," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(C).
- Jonathan E. Hughes & Molly Podolefsky, 2015. "Getting Green with Solar Subsidies: Evidence from the California Solar Initiative," Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(2), pages 235-275.
- Gulati, Sumeet & McAusland, Carol & Sallee, James M., 2017. "Tax incidence with endogenous quality and costly bargaining: Theory and evidence from hybrid vehicle subsidies," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 93-107.
- Münzel, Christiane & Plötz, Patrick & Sprei, Frances & Gnann, Till, 2019. "How large is the effect of financial incentives on electric vehicle sales? – A global review and European analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C).
- Vergis, Sydney & Chen, Belinda, 2015. "Comparison of plug-in electric vehicle adoption in the United States: A state by state approach," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 56-64.
- Egnér, Filippa & Trosvik, Lina, 2018. "Electric vehicle adoption in Sweden and the impact of local policy instruments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 584-596.
- Jiménez, Juan Luis & Perdiguero, Jordi & García, Carmen, 2016.
"Evaluation of subsidies programs to sell green cars: Impact on prices, quantities and efficiency,"
Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 105-118.
- Juan Luis Jiménez & Jordi Perdiguero & Carmen García, 2011. "Evaluation of subsidies programs to sell green cars: Impact on prices, quantities and efficiency," Working Papers XREAP2011-14, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2011.
- Jones, Luke R. & Cherry, Christopher R. & Vu, Tuan A. & Nguyen, Quang N., 2013. "The effect of incentives and technology on the adoption of electric motorcycles: A stated choice experiment in Vietnam," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1-11.
- Yan, Shiyu, 2018. "The economic and environmental impacts of tax incentives for battery electric vehicles in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 53-63.
- Werner Antweiler & Sumeet Gulati, 2013. "Market-Based Policies for Green Motoring in Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 39(s2), pages 81-94, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEco-Friendly Vehicle; Hybrid Electric Vehicle; Tax Cuts; Subsidy; Gasoline Prices;
All these keywords.
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
- Q55 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Technological Innovation
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-03-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2014-03-15 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2014-03-15 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2014-03-15 (Public Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2014-03-15 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:koe:wpaper:1412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fekobjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Kimiaki Shirahama The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Kimiaki Shirahama to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fekobjp.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.