A model of financial contagion with variable asset returns may be replaced with a simple threshold model of cascades
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kobayashi, Teruyoshi, 2014. "A model of financial contagion with variable asset returns may be replaced with a simple threshold model of cascades," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 113-116.
- Teruyoshi Kobayashi, 2013. "A model of financial contagion with variable asset returns may be replaced with a simple threshold model of cascades," Papers 1312.6804, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2014.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gai, Prasanna & Kapadia, Sujit, 2010. "Contagion in financial networks," Bank of England working papers 383, Bank of England.
- Soramäki, Kimmo & Bech, Morten L. & Arnold, Jeffrey & Glass, Robert J. & Beyeler, Walter E., 2007. "The topology of interbank payment flows," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 379(1), pages 317-333.
- J. Lorenz & S. Battiston & F. Schweitzer, 2009.
"Systemic risk in a unifying framework for cascading processes on networks,"
The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems,
Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 71(4), pages 441-460, October.
- Jan Lorenz & Stefano Battiston & Frank Schweitzer, "undated". "Systemic Risk in a Unifying Framework for Cascading Processes on Networks," Working Papers CCSS-09-011, ETH Zurich, Chair of Systems Design.
- Jan Lorenz & Stefano Battiston & Frank Schweitzer, 2009. "Systemic Risk in a Unifying Framework for Cascading Processes on Networks," Papers 0907.5325, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2010.
- Teruyoshi Kobayashi & Kohei Hasui, 2013. "Efficient immunization strategies to prevent financial contagion," Papers 1308.0652, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2013.
- Upper, Christian, 2011. "Simulation methods to assess the danger of contagion in interbank markets," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 111-125, August.
- Teruyoshi Kobayashi, 2013.
"Network versus portfolio structure in financial systems,"
1307, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Teruyoshi Kobayashi, 2013. "Network versus portfolio structure in financial systems," Papers 1308.0773, arXiv.org.
- Gai, Prasanna & Haldane, Andrew & Kapadia, Sujit, 2011. "Complexity, concentration and contagion," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 453-470.
- Nier, Erlend & Yang, Jing & Yorulmazer, Tanju & Alentorn, Amadeo, 2007. "Network models and financial stability," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2033-2060, June.
- Lenzu, Simone & Tedeschi, Gabriele, 2012.
"Systemic risk on different interbank network topologies,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 391(18), pages 4331-4341.
- Simone LENZU & Gabriele TEDESCHI, 2012. "Systemic risk on different interbank network topologies," Working Papers 375, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Duncan J. Watts & Peter Sheridan Dodds, 2007. "Influentials, Networks, and Public Opinion Formation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(4), pages 441-458, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Teruyoshi Kobayashi, 2015. "Trend-driven information cascades on random networks," Discussion Papers 1529, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Fabio Caccioli & Paolo Barucca & Teruyoshi Kobayashi, 2017.
"Network models of financial systemic risk: A review,"
1719, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Fabio Caccioli & Paolo Barucca & Teruyoshi Kobayashi, 2017. "Network models of financial systemic risk: A review," Papers 1710.11512, arXiv.org.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial network; cascades; financial contagion; systemic risk;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2014-01-10 (Banking)
- NEP-NET-2014-01-10 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:koe:wpaper:1315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kimiaki Shirahama). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fekobjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.