Quo Vadis European Biofuel Policy: The Case of Rapeseed Biodiesel
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thamsiriroj, T. & Murphy, J.D., 2009. "Is it better to import palm oil from Thailand to produce biodiesel in Ireland than to produce biodiesel from indigenous Irish rape seed?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(5), pages 595-604, May.
- Gernot Pehnelt & Christoph Vietze, 2013. "Recalculating GHG emissions saving of palm oil biodiesel," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 429-479, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Abdul-Manan, Amir F.N., 2017. "Lifecycle GHG emissions of palm biodiesel: Unintended market effects negate direct benefits of the Malaysian Economic Transformation Plan (ETP)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 56-65.
- Tan, Raymond R. & Aviso, Kathleen B. & Barilea, Ivan U. & Culaba, Alvin B. & Cruz, Jose B., 2012. "A fuzzy multi-regional input–output optimization model for biomass production and trade under resource and footprint constraints," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 154-160.
- Thamsiriroj, Thanasit & Murphy, Jerry D., 2011. "A critical review of the applicability of biodiesel and grass biomethane as biofuels to satisfy both biofuel targets and sustainability criteria," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1008-1019, April.
- Demirbas, Ayhan, 2011. "Biodiesel from oilgae, biofixation of carbon dioxide by microalgae: A solution to pollution problems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3541-3547.
- Xu, H. & Lee, U. & Wang, M., 2020. "Life-cycle energy use and greenhouse gas emissions of palm fatty acid distillate derived renewable diesel," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Dijkman, T.J. & Benders, R.M.J., 2010. "Comparison of renewable fuels based on their land use using energy densities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 3148-3155, December.
- Balat, Mustafa & Balat, Havva, 2009. "Recent trends in global production and utilization of bio-ethanol fuel," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(11), pages 2273-2282, November.
- García, Carlos A. & Fuentes, Alfredo & Hennecke, Anna & Riegelhaupt, Enrique & Manzini, Fabio & Masera, Omar, 2011. "Life-cycle greenhouse gas emissions and energy balances of sugarcane ethanol production in Mexico," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 2088-2097, June.
- Zhang, Long & Bai, Wuliyasu, 2021. "Sustainability of crop–based biodiesel for transportation in China: Barrier analysis and life cycle ecological footprint calculations," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 164(C).
- Zhang, Xiaolei & Yan, Song & Tyagi, Rajeshwar D. & Surampalli, Rao Y., 2013. "Energy balance and greenhouse gas emissions of biodiesel production from oil derived from wastewater and wastewater sludge," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 392-403.
- Goh, Chun Sheng & Lee, Keat Teong, 2010. "Palm-based biofuel refinery (PBR) to substitute petroleum refinery: An energy and emergy assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 2986-2995, December.
- Demirbas, M. Fatih, 2011. "Biofuels from algae for sustainable development," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3473-3480.
- Singh, Anoop & Smyth, Beatrice M. & Murphy, Jerry D., 2010. "A biofuel strategy for Ireland with an emphasis on production of biomethane and minimization of land-take," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 277-288, January.
- Thamsiriroj, T. & Murphy, J.D., 2011. "The impact of the life cycle analysis methodology on whether biodiesel produced from residues can meet the EU sustainability criteria for biofuel facilities constructed after 2017," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 50-63.
- Gernot Pehnelt & Christoph Vietze, 2012. "Uncertainties about the GHG Emissions Saving of Rapeseed Biodiesel," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-039, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Kathrin Sunde & Andreas Brekke & Birger Solberg, 2011. "Environmental Impacts and Costs of Hydrotreated Vegetable Oils, Transesterified Lipids and Woody BTL—A Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(6), pages 1-33, May.
- Egle Gusciute & Ger Devlin & Fionnuala Murphy & Kevin McDonnell, 2014. "Transport sector in Ireland: can 2020 national policy targets drive indigenous biofuel production to success?," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 310-322, May.
- Dufour, Javier & Iribarren, Diego, 2012. "Life cycle assessment of biodiesel production from free fatty acid-rich wastes," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 155-162.
- Iriarte, Alfredo & Rieradevall, Joan & Gabarrell, Xavier, 2012. "Transition towards a more environmentally sustainable biodiesel in South America: The case of Chile," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 263-273.
- Murphy, Fionnuala & Devlin, Ger & Deverell, Rory & McDonnell, Kevin, 2014. "Potential to increase indigenous biodiesel production to help meet 2020 targets – An EU perspective with a focus on Ireland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 154-170.
More about this item
KeywordsBiofuel; Rapeseed; Biodiesel; RED; Renewable Energy Directive; Default Values; Typical Values; GHG-emissions;
All these keywords.
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q27 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Issues in International Trade
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-04-27 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2013-04-27 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-04-27 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2013-04-27 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2013-015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.wiwiss.uni-jena.de/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Markus Pasche (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.wiwiss.uni-jena.de/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.