Convergence of the Health Status at the Local Level: Empirical Evidence from Austria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker & Tomas J. Philipson & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2005.
"The Quantity and Quality of Life and the Evolution of World Inequality,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 277-291, March.
- Gary S. Becker & Tomas J. Philipson & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2003. "The Quantity and Quality of Life and the Evolution of World Inequality," NBER Working Papers 9765, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Langford, Ian H. & Bentham, Graham, 1996. "Regional variations in mortality rates in England and Wales: An analysis using multi-level modelling," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 897-908, March.
- Martin Gaechter & Peter Schwazer & Engelbert Theurl, 2012.
"Stronger Sex but Earlier Death: A Multi-level Socioeconomic Analysis of Gender Differences in Mortality in Austria,"
DANUBE: Law and Economics Review,
European Association Comenius - EACO, issue 1, pages 1-23, March.
- Martin G?chter & Peter Schwazer & Engelbert Theurl, 2010. "Stronger sex but earlier death: A multi-level socioeconomic analysis of gender differences in mortality in Austria," Working Papers 2010-16, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Martin Gächter & Peter Schwazer & Engelbert Theurl, 2010. "Stronger sex but earlier death: A multi-level socioeconomic analysis of gender differences in mortality in Austria," NRN working papers 2010-06, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- repec:cai:poeine:pope_201_0157 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1997. "I Just Ran Two Million Regressions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 178-183, May.
- Sen, Amartya, 1998.
"Mortality as an Indicator of Economic Success and Failure,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 1-25, January.
- Amartya Sen, 1995. "Mortality as an Indicator of Economic Success and Failure," Papers innlec95/2, Innocenti Lectures.
- Friedman, Milton, 1992. "Do Old Fallacies Ever Die?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 2129-2132, December.
- Boyle, G E & McCarthy, T G, 1997.
"A Simple Measure of Beta-Convergence,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 59(2), pages 257-264, May.
- Gerry Boyle; & Thomas McCarthy, 1995. "A Simple Measure of Beta-Convergence," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n560495, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Mayer-Foulkes, David, 2001. "Convergence Clubs in Cross-Country Life Expectancy Dynamics," WIDER Working Paper Series 134, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Roos, Leslie L. & Magoon, Jennifer & Gupta, Sumit & Chateau, Dan & Veugelers, Paul J., 2004. "Socioeconomic determinants of mortality in two Canadian provinces: Multilevel modelling and neighborhood context," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 1435-1447, October.
- Peter Congdon, 2004. "Modelling Trends and Inequality in Small Area Mortality," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(6), pages 603-622.
- FFF1Jacques NNN1Vallin & FFF2France NNN2Meslé, 2004. "Convergences and divergences in mortality," Demographic Research Special Collections, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 2(2), pages 11-44, April.
- Montero-Granados, Roberto & de Dios Jiménez, Juan & Martín, José, 2007. "Decentralisation and convergence in health among the provinces of Spain (1980-2001)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 1253-1264, March.
- Williams, Alan & Cookson, Richard, 2000. "Equity in health," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 35, pages 1863-1910 Elsevier.
- Eric Neumayer, 2004. "HIV/AIDS and Cross-National Convergence in Life Expectancy," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 30(4), pages 727-742.
- Alan Williams, 2000. "Equity in health: a challenge for researchers and policy makers," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(7), pages 585-586.
More about this item
Keywordsmortality; convergence; gender; health status; life expectancy; Austria;
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jku:nrnwps:2010_09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (René Böheim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aclawat.html .