Management for a Variety of Environmental Pollution and North-South Trade
A simple static model incorporating a variety of environmental pollution is developed. An autarky model shows that a developing country regulates fewer types of pollution by income-induced environmental policy. As income grows, the types of regulated pollution increase and also introduced regulations become tougher.Then the model incorporates international trade between a developed country and a developing country. The model gives a new interpretation for the pollution haven hypothesis. Some types of pollution abated with inefficient technology are emitted more in a developing country but other types necessarily increase in a developed country in order to meet the trade balance.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in IDE Discussion Paper. No. 23. 2005.3|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ide.go.jp/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Publication Office, IDE 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545 JAPAN|
Web: http://www.ide.go.jp/English/Publish/Order Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stern, David I. & Common, Michael S., 2001.
"Is There an Environmental Kuznets Curve for Sulfur?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 162-178, March.
- David I. Stern & Tony Auld & Michael S. Common & Kali K. Sanyal, 1998. "Is there an environmental Kuznets curve for sulfur?," Working Papers in Ecological Economics 9804, Australian National University, Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies, Ecological Economics Program.
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1994. "Environmental Quality and Development: Is There a Kuznets Curve for Air Pollution Emissions?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 147-162, September.
- M. Scott Taylor & Brian R. Copeland, 2014.
"International Trade and the Environment: A Framework for Analysis,"
2014-71, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 29 Sep 2014.
- Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 2001. "International Trade and the Environment: A Framework for Analysis," NBER Working Papers 8540, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Benoit Laplante & Hua Wang & David Wheeler, 2002. "Confronting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 147-168, Winter.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Kobayashi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.