Predicting Road Conditions with Internet Search
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nikos Askitas, 2016. "Predicting Road Conditions with Internet Search," Working Paper Series of the German Council for Social and Economic Data 252, German Council for Social and Economic Data (RatSWD).
References listed on IDEAS
- Nikolaos Askitas, 2015. "Google search activity data and breaking trends," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 206-206, November.
More about this item
Keywordscomputational social science; data science; big data; behaviour; endogeneity; complexity; forecasting; prediction; Google Trends; road conditions; highways; traffic jams; stau; complex systems;
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-12-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2015-12-01 (Forecasting)
- NEP-ICT-2015-12-01 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-TRE-2015-12-01 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp9503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .