Remittances and Migration Intentions of the Left-Behind
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Epstein, Gil S. & Gang, Ira N., 2002.
"Herd Effects or Migration Networks? The Location Choice of Mexican Immigrants in the U.S,"
IZA Discussion Papers
551, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas & Epstein, Gil S & Gang, Ira, 2002. "Herd Effects or Migration Networks? The Location Choice of Mexican Immigrants in the US," CEPR Discussion Papers 3505, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ira N. Gang & Thomas Bauer & Gil S. Epstein, 2002. "Herd Effects or Migration Networks? The Location Choice of Mexican Immigrants in the U.S," Departmental Working Papers 200216, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, You Qiang, 2002. "Migration dynamics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 159-164, July.
- Ralitza Dimova & François-Charles Wolff, 2015.
"Remittances and Chain Migration: Longitudinal Evidence from Bosnia and Herzegovina,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(5), pages 554-568, May.
- Dimova, Ralitza & Wolff, François-Charles, 2009. "Remittances and Chain Migration: Longitudinal Evidence from Bosnia and Herzegovina," IZA Discussion Papers 4083, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hendrik Dalen & George Groenewold & Jeannette Schoorl, 2005.
"Out of Africa: what drives the pressure to emigrate?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 741-778, November.
- Hendrik P. van Dalen & George Groenewold & Jeanette J. Schoorl, 2003. "Out of Africa: What drives the Pressure to emigrate?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-059/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ilahi, Nadeem & Jafarey, Saqib, 1999. "Guestworker migration, remittances and the extended family: evidence from Pakistan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 485-512, April.
- Mariano Sana & Douglas S. Massey, 2005. "Household Composition, Family Migration, and Community Context: Migrant Remittances in Four Countries," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 86(2), pages 509-528.
- Dustmann, Christian & Mestres, Josep, 2010. "Remittances and temporary migration," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 62-70, May.
- Hendrik P. van Dalen & George Groenewold & Tineke Fokkema, 2005. "Remittances and their Effect on Emigration Intentions in Egypt, Morocco and Turkey," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-030/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Xiushi Yang, 2000. "Determinants of migration intentions in Hubei province, China: individual versus family migration," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 32(5), pages 769-787, May.
- Alejandra Cox Edwards & Manuelita Ureta, 2003. "International Migration, Remittances, and Schooling: Evidence from El Salvador," NBER Working Papers 9766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Liebig & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2004. "Migration, Self-Selection and Income Inequality: An International Analysis," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 125-146, February.
- Christian Dustmann, 2003. "Children and return migration," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(4), pages 815-830, November.
More about this item
Keywordssimultaneity; remittances; migration intentions; Moldova;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-12-06 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-INT-2013-12-06 (International Trade)
- NEP-MIG-2013-12-06 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7779. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .