Power of the Pill or Power of Abortion? Re-Examining the Effects of Young Women's Access to Reproductive Control
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, January.
- Edlund, Lena & Machado, Cecilia, 2011. "Pill Power: The Prequel," IZA Discussion Papers 5468, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Heinrich Hock, 2007. "The Pill and the College Attainment of American Women and Men," Working Papers wp2007_10_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Martha J. Bailey, 2010.
""Momma's Got the Pill": How Anthony Comstock and Griswold v. Connecticut Shaped US Childbearing,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 98-129, March.
- Martha J. Bailey, 2009. ""Momma's Got the Pill": How Anthony Comstock and Griswold v. Connecticut Shaped U.S. Childbearing," NBER Working Papers 14675, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levine, Phillip B., 2003. "Parental involvement laws and fertility behavior," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 861-878, September.
- Elizabeth Oltmans Ananat & Daniel M. Hungerman, 2012. "The Power of the Pill for the Next Generation: Oral Contraception's Effects on Fertility, Abortion, and Maternal and Child Characteristics," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 37-51, February.
- George A. Akerlof & Janet L. Yellen & Michael L. Katz, 1996. "An Analysis of Out-of-Wedlock Childbearing in the United States," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 277-317.
- Melanie Guldi, 2008. "Fertility effects of abortion and birth control pill access for minors," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 45(4), pages 817-827, November.
- Andrew Zuppann, 2012. "The Pill and Marital Stability," Working Papers 201310812, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joelle Abramowitz, 2014. "Turning back the ticking clock: the effect of increased affordability of assisted reproductive technology on women’s marriage timing," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 603-633, April.
- Theodore J. Joyce & Ruoding Tan & Yuxiu Zhang, 2012. "Back to the Future? Abortion Before & After Roe," NBER Working Papers 18338, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Inna Cintina & Morgen S. Johansen, 2014. "The Effect of Plan B on Teen Abortions: Evidence From the 2006 FDA Ruling," Working Papers 2014-1, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa, revised Jun 2014.
- Mølland, Eirin, 2016. "Benefits from delay? The effect of abortion availability on young women and their children," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 6-28.
- repec:eee:jhecon:v:55:y:2017:i:c:p:168-185 is not listed on IDEAS
- Inna Cintina & Morgen S. Johansen, 2015.
"The Effect Of Plan B On Teen Abortions: Evidence From The 2006 Fda Ruling,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(3), pages 418-433, July.
- Inna Cintina & Morgen S. Johansen, 2014. "The Effect OF Plan B on Teen Abortions: Evidence from the 2006 FDA Ruling," Working Papers 201402, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Martha J. Bailey & Jason M. Lindo, 2017. "Access and Use of Contraception and Its Effects on Women’s Outcomes in the U.S," NBER Working Papers 23465, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsabortion; contraception; fertility; marriage;
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-07-01 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2012-07-01 (Health Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- The Power of Abortion Policy: Re-Examining the Effects of Young Women's Access to Reproductive Control (JPE 2017) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6661. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .