Segregation, Choice Based Letting and Social Housing: How Housing Policy Can Affect the Segregation Process
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maarten van Ham & Peteke Feijten, 2008.
"Who wants to leave the neighbourhood? The effect of being different from the neighbourhood population on wishes to move,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(5), pages 1151-1170, May.
- Maarten van Ham & Peteke Feijten, 2008. "Who Wants to Leave the Neighbourhood? The Effect of Being Different from the Neighbourhood Population on Wishes to Move," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 40(5), pages 1151-1170, May.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith R. & Scafidi, Benjamin, 2002. "Black Self-Segregation as a Cause of Housing Segregation: Evidence from the Multi-City Study of Urban Inequality," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 366-390, March.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Jeffrey E. Zabel, 2003.
"Neighbourhood effects and housing demand,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 563-584.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Jeffrey E. Zabel, 2000. "Neighborhood Effects and Housing Demand," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0012, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Ron Johnston & Simon Burgess & Deborah Wilson & Richard Harris, 2006.
"School and Residential Ethnic Segregation: An Analysis of Variations across England's Local Education Authorities,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(9), pages 973-990.
- Ron Johnston & Deborah Wilson & Simon Burgess & Richard Harris, 2006. "School and Residential Ethnic Segregation:An Analysis of Variations across England’s Local Education Authorities," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 06/145, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Ã…sa BrÃ¥mÃ¥, 2006. "'White Flight'? The Production and Reproduction of Immigrant Concentration Areas in Swedish Cities, 1990-2000," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 43(7), pages 1127-1146, June.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1969. "Models of Segregation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 488-493, May.
More about this item
KeywordsUK; social housing; segregation; choice based letting; housing policy;
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-SOC-2012-03-08 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2012-03-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6372. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .