Labor Adjustment Costs in a Panel of Establishments: A Structural Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- João Ejarque & Pedro Portugal, 2007. "Labor Adjustment Costs in a Panel of Establishments: A Structural Approach," Working Papers w200716, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cooper, Russell & Haltiwanger, John & Willis, Jonathan L., 2015.
"Dynamics of labor demand: Evidence from plant-level observations and aggregate implications,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 37-50.
- Russell W. Cooper & John Haltiwanger & Jonathan L. Willis, 2003. "Dynamics of labor demand : evidence from plant-level observations and aggregate implications," Research Working Paper RWP 03-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Russel W. Cooper & John C. Haltiwanger & Jonathan Willis, 2004. "Dynamics of Labor Demand: Evidence from Plant-level Observations and Aggregate Implications," NBER Working Papers 10297, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Bong-Soo & Ingram, Beth Fisher, 1991. "Simulation estimation of time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 197-205, February.
- JosÃ© VarejÃ£o & Pedro Portugal, 2007.
"Employment Dynamics and the Structure of Labor Adjustment Costs,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 137-165.
- José Varejão & Pedro Portugal, 2003. "Employment Dynamics and the Structure of Labor Adjustment Costs," Working Papers w200312, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Varejão, José & Portugal, Pedro, 2006. "Employment Dynamics and the Structure of Labor Adjustment Costs," IZA Discussion Papers 1922, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pedro Portugal & Olivier Blanchard, 2001. "What Hides Behind an Unemployment Rate: Comparing Portuguese and U.S. Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 187-207, March.
- José Varejão & Pedro Portugal, 2004. "Matching Workers to Jobs in the Fast Lane: the Operation of Fixed-term Contracts," Working Papers w200410, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Paola Rota, 2004. "Estimating Labor Demand with Fixed Costs," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(1), pages 25-48, February.
- Olympia Bover & Pilar García-Perea & Pedro Portugal, 2000. "Labour market outliers: Lessons from Portugal and Spain," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(31), pages 379-428, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oivind A. Nilsen & Joao M. Ejarque, 2007.
"Identifying Adjustment Costs of Net and Gross Employment Changes,"
2007 Meeting Papers
670, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ejarque, JoÃ£o Miguel & Nilsen, Ã˜ivind Anti, 2008. "Identifying Adjustment Costs of Net and Gross Employment Changes," Economics Discussion Papers 8924, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Ejarque, Joao & Nilsen, Øivind Anti, 2008. "Identifying Adjustment Costs of Net and Gross Employment Changes," IZA Discussion Papers 3703, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yaman, F., 2011. "The costs of adjusting labor: Evidence from temporally disaggregated data," Working Papers 11/10, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Lechthaler, Wolfgang & Snower, Dennis J., 2013.
"Quadratic Labor Adjustment Costs, Business Cycle Dynamics, And Optimal Monetary Policy,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 464-475, March.
- Lechthaler, Wolfgang & Snower, Dennis J., 2011. "Quadratic labor adjustment costs, business cycle dynamics and optimal monetary policy," Kiel Working Papers 1453 [rev.], Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro & Varejão, José, 2014.
"Labor demand research: Toward a better match between better theory and better data,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 4-11.
- John T. Addison & Pedro Portugal & José Varejão, 2014. "Labour Demand Research: Towards a Better Match between Better Theory and Better Data," Working Papers w201409, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro & Varejão, José, 2014. "Labour Demand Research: Towards a Better Match between Better Theory and Better Data," IZA Discussion Papers 8125, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lapatinas Athanasios, 2012. "On the Interrelation of Capital and Labor Adjustment Costs at the Firm Level," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(3), pages 1-36, September.
- Lapatinas, Athanasios, 2009. "Labour adjustment costs: Estimation of a dynamic discrete choice model using panel data for Greek manufacturing firms," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 521-533, October.
More about this item
Keywordsadjustment costs; employment; rigidity;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-11-10 (Business Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2007-11-10 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2007-11-10 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-MAC-2007-11-10 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3091. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .