1.5 Generation Internal Migration in the US: Dispersion from States of Immigration?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bartel, Ann P, 1989. "Where Do the New U.S. Immigrants Live?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(4), pages 371-391, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mary M. Kritz & Douglas T. Gurak & Min-Ah Lee, 2013. "Why Immigrants Leave New Destinations And Where Do They Go?," Working Papers 13-32, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Eric Fong & James Jeong & Alice Hoe & Siyue Tian, 2015. "Earnings of Immigrant Entrepreneurs and Paid Workers in Canadian Gateway and Non-gateway Metropolises," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 34(2), pages 279-305, April.
- Belit Saka, 2012. "Internal Migration of Ethnic Minorities: Evidence from Western Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 495, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Matthew Hall, 2013. "Residential Integration on the New Frontier: Immigrant Segregation in Established and New Destinations," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(5), pages 1873-1896, October.
- Mary Kritz & Douglas Gurak & Min-Ah Lee, 2011. "Will They Stay? Foreign-Born Out-Migration from New U.S. Destinations," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 30(4), pages 537-567, August.
More about this item
Keywordsspatial assimilation; immigrant concentrations; internal migration; 1.5 generation;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .