On the Specification of Mincerian Wage Regressions with Heterogeneity, Non-Linearity, Non-Separability, and Heteroskedasticity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen V. Cameron & James J. Heckman, 1998. "Life Cycle Schooling and Dynamic Selection Bias: Models and Evidence for Five Cohorts of American Males," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(2), pages 262-333, April.
- Nicole M. Fortin & Thomas Lemieux, 1998.
"Rank Regressions, Wage Distributions, and the Gender Gap,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(3), pages 610-643.
- Fortin, N.M. & Lemieux, T., 1996. "Rank Regressions, Wage Distributions and the Gender Gap," Cahiers de recherche 9607, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Fortin, N.M. & Lemieux, T., 1996. "Rank Regressions, Wage Distributions and the Gender Gap," Cahiers de recherche 9607, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Baker, George & Gibbs, Michael & Holmstrom, Bengt, 1993. "Hierarchies and compensation: A case study," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 366-378, April.
- Costas Meghir & Mårten Palme, 2001.
"The effect of a social experiment in education,"
IFS Working Papers
W01/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Meghir, Costas & Palme, Marten, 2001. "The Effect of a Social Experiment in Education," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 0451, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Costas Megir & Martin Palme, 2001. "The effect of a social experiment in education," CEE Discussion Papers 0014, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Keane, Michael P & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1997. "The Career Decisions of Young Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(3), pages 473-522, June.
- Orley C. Ashenfelter & Kevin F. Hallock (ed.), 1995. "Labor Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 526, October.
- Robert M. Sauer, 2004. "Educational Financing and Lifetime Earnings," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 71(4), pages 1189-1216.
- Card, David, 1999. "The causal effect of education on earnings," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1801-1863 Elsevier.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1999. "Personnel Economics: Past Lessons and Future Directions," NBER Working Papers 6957, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zamarro, Gema, 2010.
"Accounting for heterogeneous returns in sequential schooling decisions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 156(2), pages 260-276, June.
- Gema Zamarro, 2006. "Accounting for Heterogeneous Returns in Sequential Schooling Decisions," Working Papers wp2006_0609, CEMFI.
- Zamarro, G., 2006. "Accounting for Heterogeneous Returns in Sequential Schooling Decisions," Discussion Paper 2006-21, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Måns Söderbom & Francis Teal & Anthony Wambugu & Godius Kahyarara, 2006.
"The Dynamics of Returns to Education in Kenyan and Tanzanian Manufacturing,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(3), pages 261-288, June.
- Måns Söderbom & Francis Teal & Anthony Wambugu & Godius Kahyarara, 2004. "The Dynamics of Returns to Education in Kenyan and Tanzanian Manufacturing," Development and Comp Systems 0409041, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMincer regressions; heterogeneity; random coefficient models; returns to schooling; returns to experience;
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1083. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.