Some Common Confusions about Hyperbolic Discounting
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Harvey, 1986. "Value Functions for Infinite-Period Planning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(9), pages 1123-1139, September.
- Douglas Bernheim & Antonio Rangel, 2007.
"Beyond Revealed Preference Choice Theoretic Foundations for Behavioral Welfare Economics,"
07-031, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Antonio Rangel, 2008. "Beyond Revealed Preference: Choice Theoretic Foundations for Behavioral Welfare Economics," NBER Working Papers 13737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shane Frederick & George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue, 2002. "Time Discounting and Time Preference: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-401, June.
- David Laibson, 1997. "Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 443-478.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Rasmusen, 2012.
"Internalities and paternalism: applying the compensation criterion to multiple selves across time,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 38(4), pages 601-615, April.
- Eric Rasmusen, 2008. "Internalities and Paternalism: Applying the Compensation Criterion to Multiple Selves across Time," Working Papers 2008-13, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Caputo, Michael R., 2013. "The intrinsic comparative dynamics of infinite horizon optimal control problems with a time-varying discount rate and time-distance discounting," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 810-820.
- Gahramanov, Emin, 2013. "Survival misperception, time inconsistency, and implications for life-cycle saving and welfare," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 539-550.
- Eric Crampton & Matt Burgess & Brad Taylor, 2011. "The Cost of Cost Studies," Working Papers in Economics 11/29, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
More about this item
Keywordstime inconsistency; hyperbolic discounting;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iuk:wpaper:2008-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rick Harbaugh). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpiubus.html .