Referral Hiring of Miners: Case from the Coal Industry in Early Twentieth-Century Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lori Beaman & Jeremy Magruder, 2012. "Who Gets the Job Referral? Evidence from a Social Networks Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(7), pages 3574-3593, December.
- Valery Yakubovich & Daniela Lup, 2006. "Stages of the Recruitment Process and the Referrer’s Performance Effect," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(6), pages 710-723, December.
More about this item
Keywordsreferral hiring; adverse selection; informal job networks.;
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- J46 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Informal Labor Market
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2013-11-16 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-HIS-2013-11-16 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:itk:issdps:f164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/istokjp.html .