An Endogenous Growth Model with Human and Social Capital Interactions
Social capital has recently been introduced in the economic literature as a growth factor. In this paper we study the interactions between social and human capital, and their contributions to economic growth in an endogenous growth model. In particular, we are interested in comparing the results from our theoretical framework with the empirical evidence already found by other authors. The model indicates a correlation between human and social capital throughout time, as suggested by the data. Further- more, an increasing in the relative importance of human capital when compared to social capital is always evident throughout the development process of the economy.
|Date of creation:||15 Jun 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://bru-unide.iscte.pt/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Niclas Berggren & Mikael Elinder & Henrik Jordahl, 2008.
"Trust and growth: a shaky relationship,"
Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 251-274, September.
- Berggren, Niclas & Elinder, Mikael & Jordahl, Henrik, 2007. "Trust and Growth: A Shaky Relationship," Working Paper Series 705, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Tamura, Robert, 2006. "Human capital and economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 26-72, February.
- Robert Tamura, 2002. "Human capital and economic development," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2002-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Robert Tamura, 2004. "Human capital and economic development," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-34, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Alberto Bisin & Danilo Guaitoli, "undated". "Social Capital, Modernization and Growth," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 545.02, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Bartolini, Stefano & Bonatti, Luigi, 2007. "Endogenous growth, decline in social capital and expansion of market activities," MPRA Paper 3341, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sjoerd Beugelsdijk & Henri L.F. de Groot & Anton B.T.M. van Schaik, 2004. "Trust and economic growth: a robustness analysis," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(1), pages 118-134, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)