Bridging ideas with markets. The impact of training, marketing and design on innovation
This Policy Brief presents recent results on the impact of training, marketing and design expenditures on European firms' innovative performance. The new evidence drawn from recent JRC research suggests that these expenditures, in combination with R&D, are crucial drivers of innovation. Drawing on these results, policy implications for the European Research and Innovation Agenda are discussed and additional research questions identified.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/ Inca Garcilaso, s/n 41092 Seville|
Phone: +34 954 48 8318
Fax: +34 954 48 8300
Web page: https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abraham Garcia, 2011. "The relevance of marketing in the success of innovations," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2011-09, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Daria Ciriaci, 2011. "Intangible resources: the relevance of training for European firms’ innovative performance," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2011-06, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Carol Corrado & Charles Hulten & Daniel Sichel, 2005.
"Measuring Capital and Technology: An Expanded Framework,"
in: Measuring Capital in the New Economy, pages 11-46
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carol Corrado & Charles R. Hulten & Daniel E. Sichel, 2004. "Measuring capital and technology: an expanded framework," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-65, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and the Sustainability of Competitive Advantage: Reply," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1514-1514, December.
- Daria Ciriaci, 2011. "Design and European firms’ innovative performance: A less costly innovation activity for European SMEs?," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2011-08, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipt:iptwpa:jrc75493. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Institute Publication Officer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.