Protección de la Competencia en Chile: El Estado y Laboratorios Chile y Recalcine (1992-93)
In 1992, Laboratorios Chile and Recalcine, the two largest pharmaceutical companies in Chile with a share of 82% of the domestic markets for generic products, were accused of collusion. The paper analyzes the process and the evidence considered by the Antitrust Commissions to assess the extent to which the Chilean system has been able to provide seguridad jurídica for market competition. Albeit economic models were readily available to argue the case, the process failed to generate the evidence necessary to apply them properly. The opposite decisions of the two Commissions reflected this failure and differences in the standards of proof. The analysis is useful, however, to understand the behavior and performance of the Chilean system of competition law.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.uc.cl
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- F. M. Scherer, 1993. "Pricing, Profits, and Technological Progress in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 97-115, Summer.
- Demougin, Dominique & Fluet, Claude, 2006.
"Preponderance of evidence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 963-976, May.
- Dominique Demougin & Claude Fluet, 2002. "Preponderance of Evidence," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 150, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Dominique Demougin & Claude Fluet, 2002. "Preponderance of Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 725, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dominique Demougin & Claude Fluet, 2002. "Preponderance of Evidence," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-61, CIRANO.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:doctra:222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.