The Gini index,the dual decomposition of aggregation functions, and the consistent measurement of inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kuan Xu & Lars Osberg, 2002.
"The social welfare implications, decomposability, and geometry of the Sen family of poverty indices,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(1), pages 138-152, February.
- Kuan Xu & Lars Osberg, 2000. "The Social Welfare Implications, Decomposability, and Geometry of the Sen Family of Poverty Indices," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive sendeco, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Garcia-Lapresta, Jose Luis & Llamazares, Bonifacio, 2001. "Majority decisions based on difference of votes," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 463-481, June.
- Oihana Aristondo & Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Ana Urrutia, 2010.
"A New Multiplicative Decomposition For The Foster-Greer-Thorbecke Poverty Indices,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 259-267, July.
- Oihana Aristondo & Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Ana Urrutia, 2008. "A New Multiplicative Decomposition For The Foster-Greer-Thorbecke Poverty Indices," Working Papers 91, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Lars Osberg & Kuan Xu, 2000.
"International Comparisons of Poverty Intensity: Index Decomposition and Bootstrap Inference,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(1), pages 51-81.
- Kuan Xu & Lars Osberg, 1997. "International comparisons of Poverty Intensity: Index Decomposition and Bootstrap Inference," LIS Working papers 165, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Osberg, L & Xu, K, 1997. "International Comparisons of Poverty Intensity : Index Decomposition and Bootstrap Inference," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 97-03, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Sen, Amartya, 1979. " Issues in the Measurement of Poverty," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(2), pages 285-307.
- Clark, Stephen & Hemming, Richard & Ulph, David, 1981. "On Indices for the Measurement of Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(362), pages 515-526, June.
- Clarke, Philip M. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus & Bingefors, Kerstin & Smith, Len, 2002. "On the measurement of relative and absolute income-related health inequality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 1923-1928, December.
- Takayama, Noriyuki, 1979. "Poverty, Income Inequality, and Their Measures: Professor Sen's Axiomatic Approach Reconsidered," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 747-759, May.
- Maes, Koen C. & Saminger, Susanne & De Baets, Bernard, 2007. "Representation and construction of self-dual aggregation operators," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 472-487, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roy Cerqueti & Marcel Ausloos, 2015. "Statistical assessment of regional wealth inequalities: the Italian case," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(6), pages 2307-2323, November.
- Oihana Aristondo & José Luis García-Lapres & Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Ricardo Alberto Marques Pereira, 2012.
"Classical inequality indices, welfare functions, and the dual decomposition,"
253, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Oihana Aristondo & JosŽ Luis Garc’a-Lapresta & Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Ricardo Alberto Marques Pereira, 2012. "Classical inequality indices, welfare functions, and the dual decomposition," DISA Working Papers 2012/06, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised Jun 2012.
- Roy Cerqueti & Marcel Ausloos, 2014. "Assessing the Inequalities of Wealth in Regions: the Italian Case," Papers 1410.4922, arXiv.org.
- Silvia Bortot & Ricardo Alberto Marques Pereira, 2013. "The binomial Gini inequality indices and the binomial decomposition of welfare functions," Working Papers 305, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
More about this item
KeywordsAggregation functions; dual decomposition; OWA operators; Gini index; consistent measures of achievement/shortfall inequality; Sen index; poverty measures.;
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-22 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inq:inqwps:ecineq2011-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Ana Lugo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecineea.html .