Tensions Between the Resource Damage and the Private Benefits of Appropriation in the Commons
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Agrawal, Arun, 2001. "Common Property Institutions and Sustainable Governance of Resources," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1649-1672, October.
- Bagnoli, Mark & McKee, Michael, 1991. "Voluntary Contribution Games: Efficient Private Provision of Public Goods," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(2), pages 351-366, April.
- Kenneth Chan & Stuart Mestelman & Robert Moir & R. Muller, 1999.
"Heterogeneity and the Voluntary Provision of Public Goods,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 2(1), pages 5-30, August.
- Kenneth S. Chan & Stuart Mestelman & Rob Moir & R. Andrew Muller, 1998. "Heterogeneity and the Voluntary Provision of Public Goods," Department of Economics Working Papers 1998-04, McMaster University.
- Fangfang Tan, 2008. "Punishment in a Linear Public Good Game with Productivity Heterogeneity," De Economist, Springer, vol. 156(3), pages 269-293, September.
- Ledyard, John O., "undated". "Public Goods: A Survey of Experimental Research," Working Papers 861, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Ostrom, Elinor, 2006. "The value-added of laboratory experiments for the study of institutions and common-pool resources," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 149-163, October.
- Urs Fischbacher & Simeon Schudy & Sabrina Teyssier, 2014.
"Heterogeneous reactions to heterogeneity in returns from public goods,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 43(1), pages 195-217, June.
- Urs Fischbacher & Sabrina Teyssier & Simeon Schudy, 2012. "Heterogeneous Reactions to Heterogeneity in Returns from Public Goods," TWI Research Paper Series 73, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz.
- Fischbacher, Urs & Schudy, Simeon & Teyssier, Sabrina, 2013. "Heterogeneous reactions to heterogeneity in returns from public goods," Munich Reprints in Economics 20336, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Urs Fischbacher & Simeon Schudy & Sabrina Teyssier, 2012. "Heterogeneous Reactions to Heterogeneity in Returns from Public Goods," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2012-14, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- R. M Isaac & J. Walker & A. Williams, 2010. "Group Size and the Voluntary Provision of Public Goods: Experimental Evidence Utilizing Very Large Groups," Levine's Working Paper Archive 11, David K. Levine.
- Anderies, John M. & Janssen, Marco A. & Bousquet, François & Cardenas, Juan-Camilo & Castillo, Daniel & Lopez, Maria-Claudio & Tobias, Robert & Vollan, Björn & Wutich, Amber, 2011. "The challenge of understanding decisions in experimental studies of common pool resource governance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(9), pages 1571-1579, July.
- Isaac, R. Mark & Walker, James M. & Williams, Arlington W., 1994. "Group size and the voluntary provision of public goods : Experimental evidence utilizing large groups," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 1-36, May.
- Brandts, Jordi & Schram, Arthur, 2001. "Cooperation and noise in public goods experiments: applying the contribution function approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 399-427, February.
More about this item
Keywordscommon pool resources; asymmetry; resource damage; private benefits; laboratory experiments;
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- C90 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2013-02-16 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2013-02-16 (Experimental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inn:wpaper:2013-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janette Walde). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fuibkat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.