Understanding industrial energy use: Physical energy intensity changes in Indian manufacturing sector
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sudhakara Reddy, B. & Kumar Ray, Binay, 2011. "Understanding industrial energy use: Physical energy intensity changes in Indian manufacturing sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7234-7243.
- B. Sudhakara Reddy & Binay Kumar Ray, 2010. "Understanding Industrial Energy Use: Physical Energy Intensity Changes in Indian Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers id:2397, eSocialSciences.
- Binay Kumar Ray & B. Sudhakara Reddy, 2008. "Understanding industrial energy use - Physical energy intensity changes in Indian manufacturing sector," Energy Working Papers 22328, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Park, Se-Hark, 1992. "Decomposition of industrial energy consumption : An alternative method," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 265-270, October.
- Choi, Ki-Hong & Ang, B. W., 2003. "Decomposition of aggregate energy intensity changes in two measures: ratio and difference," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 615-624, November.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C. & Ussanarassamee, Arjaree, 2004. "Decomposition of energy and CO2 intensities of Thai industry between 1981 and 2000," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 765-781, September.
- Farla, Jacco & Blok, Kornelis & Schipper, Lee, 1997. "Energy efficiency developments in the pulp and paper industry : A cross-country comparison using physical production data," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7-9), pages 745-758.
- Phylipsen, G. J. M. & Blok, K. & Worrell, E., 1997. "International comparisons of energy efficiency-Methodologies for the manufacturing industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7-9), pages 715-725.
- X. Q. Liu & B. W. Ang & H.L. Ong, 1992. "The Application of the Divisia Index to the Decomposition of Changes in Industrial Energy Consumption," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 161-178.
- Ang, B. W., 2005. "The LMDI approach to decomposition analysis: a practical guide," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 867-871, May.
- Ang, B. W. & Liu, F. L. & Chew, E. P., 2003. "Perfect decomposition techniques in energy and environmental analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 1561-1566, November.
- Sun, J. W., 1998. "Changes in energy consumption and energy intensity: A complete decomposition model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 85-100, February.
- Saumitra N. Bhaduri, Rajeev K. Chaturvedi, 2002. "Decomposition of India's industrial energy use: a case study using energy intensity approach," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 17(1/2), pages 92-105.
- Ang, B. W. & Lee, S. Y., 1994. "Decomposition of industrial energy consumption : Some methodological and application issues," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 83-92, April.
- Boyd, Gale A. & Hanson, Donald A. & Sterner, Thomas, 1988. "Decomposition of changes in energy intensity : A comparison of the Divisia index and other methods," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 309-312, October.
- Ang, B.W. & Liu, F.L. & Chung, Hyun-Sik, 2004. "A generalized Fisher index approach to energy decomposition analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 757-763, September.
- Claire P. Doblin, 1988. "Declining Energy Intensity in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 109-135.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raul Alberto Jimenez Mori & Jorge Enrique Mercado Díaz, 2013. "Energy Intensity: A Decomposition and Counterfactual Exercise for Latin American Countries," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4594, Inter-American Development Bank.
- repec:spr:endesu:v:20:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s10668-017-9949-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reddy, B. Sudhakara, 2016.
"India's energy system transition—Survival of the greenest,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 293-302.
- B. Sudhakara Reddy, 2014. "India's energy system transition - Survival of the greenest," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-043, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Balachandra, P. & Ravindranath, Darshini & Ravindranath, N.H., 2010. "Energy efficiency in India: Assessing the policy regimes and their impacts," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6428-6438, November.
- Xu, Tengfang & Karali, Nihan & Sathaye, Jayant, 2014. "Undertaking high impact strategies: The role of national efficiency measures in long-term energy and emission reduction in steel making," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 179-188.
- Akbar Ullah & Karim Khan & Munazza Akhtar, 2014. "Energy Intensity: A Decomposition Exercise for Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 53(4), pages 531-549.
- Ang, B.W. & Xu, X.Y., 2013. "Tracking industrial energy efficiency trends using index decomposition analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1014-1021.
- Jimenez, Raul & Mercado, Jorge, 2014. "Energy intensity: A decomposition and counterfactual exercise for Latin American countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 161-171.
- Duran, Elisa & Aravena, Claudia & Aguilar, Renato, 2015. "Analysis and decomposition of energy consumption in the Chilean industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 552-561.
- Nihan Karali & Tengfang Xu & Jayant Sathaye, 2016. "Developing long-term strategies to reduce energy use and CO2 emissions—analysis of three mitigation scenarios for iron and steel production in China," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 699-719, June.
- Peng, Lihong & Zhang, Yiting & Wang, Yejun & Zeng, Xiaoling & Peng, Najun & Yu, Ang, 2015. "Energy efficiency and influencing factor analysis in the overall Chinese textile industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 1222-1229.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy intensity; manufacturing/industry sector; product mix; energy indicators;
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-02-22 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2009-02-22 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:igiwpp:2008-011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .