Testing for Coefficient Stability of AR(1) Model When the Null is an Integrated or a Stationary Process
In this paper, we propose a test for coefficient stability of an AR(1) model against the random coefficient autoregressive model of order 1 or RCA(1) model without assuming a stationary nor a non- stationary process under the null hypothesis of constant coefficient. The proposed test is obtained as a modification of the locally best invariant (LBI) test by Lee (1998). We examine finite sample properties of the proposed test by Monte Carlo experiments comparing with other existing tests including the LBI test by McCabe and Tremayne (1995), which is for the null of unit root against the alternative of stochastic unit root.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2-1-1 Nihonbashi, Hongoku-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103|
Web page: http://www.imes.boj.or.jp/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Sollis & Paul Newbold & Stephen Leybourne, 2000. "Stochastic unit roots modelling of stock price indices," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 311-315.
- Michael Bleaney & Stephen J. Leybourne, 2003. "Real Exchange Rate Dynamics Under The Current Float: A Re-Examination," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 71(2), pages 156-171, 03.
- Leybourne, S J & McCabe, B P M & Tremayne, A R, 1996. "Can Economic Time Series Be Differenced to Stationarity?," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 435-446, October.
- Pierre Perron & Tomoyoshi Yabu, 2007.
"Estimating Deterministic Trend with an Integrated or Stationary Noise Component,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2007-020, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Perron, Pierre & Yabu, Tomoyoshi, 2009. "Estimating deterministic trends with an integrated or stationary noise component," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 151(1), pages 56-69, July.
- Pierre Perron & Tomoyoshi Yabu, "undated". "Estimating Deterministic Trends with an Integrated or Stationary Noise Component," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-012, Boston University - Department of Economics, revised Feb 2006.
- Pierre Perron & Tomoyoshi Yabu, 2005. "Estimating Deterministric Trends with an Integrated or Stationary Noise Component," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2005-037, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Swanson, Norman R., 1997.
"An introduction to stochastic unit-root processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 35-62, September.
- Michael F. Bleaney & Stephen J. Leybourne & Paul Mizen, 1999. "Mean Reversion of Real Exchange Rates in High-Inflation Countries," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 839-854, April.
- Charemza W.W. & M. Lifshits & S. Makarova, 2002.
"Conditional testing for unit-root bilinearity in financial time series: some theoretical and empirical results,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2002
251, Society for Computational Economics.
- Charemza, Wojciech W. & Lifshits, Mikhail & Makarova, Svetlana, 2005. "Conditional testing for unit-root bilinearity in financial time series: some theoretical and empirical results," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 63-96, January.
- Marc Hallin & Abdelhadi Akharif, 2003. "Efficient detection of random coefficients in AR(p) models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2121, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1992. "Convergence to Stochastic Integrals for Dependent Heterogeneous Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 489-500, December.
- Alexander Aue & Lajos Horváth & Josef Steinebach, 2006. "Estimation in Random Coefficient Autoregressive Models," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 61-76, 01.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ime:imedps:07-e-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kinken)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.