Is Museum Performance Affected By Location And Institution Type? Measuring Cultural Institution Efficiency Through Non-Parametric Techniques
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anne-Kathrin Last & Heike Wetzel, 2010.
"The efficiency of German public theaters: a stochastic frontier analysis approach,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 34(2), pages 89-110, May.
- Anne-Kathrin Last & Heike Wetzel, 2009. "The Efficiency of German Public Theaters: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis Approach," Working Paper Series in Economics 134, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- François Mairesse & Philippe Vanden Eeckaut, 2002.
"Museum Assessment and FDH Technology: Towards a Global Approach,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 26(4), pages 261-286, November.
- MAIRESSE, François & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 2002. "Museum assessment and FDH technology: towards a global approach," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1565, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- François Mairesse & Philippe Vanden Eeckaut, 2002. "Museum assessment and FDH technology: Towards a global approach," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/166509, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Witte, Kristof De & Geys, Benny, 2011.
"Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from a generalised conditional efficiency model for public libraries,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 319-327, May.
- De Witte, Kristof & Geys, Benny, 2010. "Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from a generalised conditional efficiency model for public libraries," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2010-14, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Marta Zieba, 2011. "An Analysis of Technical Efficiency and Efficiency Factors for Austrian and Swiss Non-Profit Theatres," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 147(II), pages 233-274, June.
- Francisco Marco-Serrano, 2006. "Monitoring managerial efficiency in the performing arts: A regional theatres network perspective," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 167-181, July.
- Bruno Frey, 1998. "Superstar Museums: An Economic Analysis," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 22(2), pages 113-125, June.
- Antonella Basso & Stefania Funari, 2004. "A Quantitative Approach to Evaluate the Relative Efficiency of Museums," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 28(3), pages 195-216, August.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Roberto Fazioli & Massimo Filippini, 1997. "Cost Structure and Product Mix of Local Public Theatres," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 21(1), pages 77-86, March.
- Giacomo Pignataro, 2011. "Performance Indicators," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 46 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Massimo Finocchiaro Castro & Calogero Guccio & Ilde Rizzo, 2011. "Public intervention on heritage conservation and determinants of heritage authorities’ performance: a semi-parametric analysis," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 18(1), pages 1-16, February.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Ilde Rizzo & Anna Mignosa (ed.), 2013. "Handbook on the Economics of Cultural Heritage," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14326.
- Donald F. Vitaliano, 1998. "Assessing Public Library Efficiency Using Data Envelopment Analysis," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(1), pages 107-122, March.
- Paul Bishop & Steven Brand, 2003. "The efficiency of museums: a stochastic frontier production function approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(17), pages 1853-1858.
- Gapinski, James H, 1980. "The Production of Culture," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(4), pages 578-586, November.
More about this item
KeywordsEfficiency evaluation; cultural institutions; economics of museums; Data Envelopment Analysis; conditional efficiency;
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iis:dispap:iiisdp425. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colette Keleher). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cetcdie.html .