Analysis and Econometric Modelling of the Fiscal Sector in the Slovak Republic
For the modern history of the SR, the state budget data from the period of CSFR are not relevant according to the existence of two republic budgets with strong mutual relations and two-way flows. In 1996, a new budget composition based on foreign experiences was introduced. The first two parts of the study contain analyses of the revenue and expenditure side during the period 1993-1997. The third part presents an econometric submodel of the fiscal sector of the SR which consists of 15 equations; 6 of them dealing with the tax revenue items of the state budget (taxes on income of natural persons, taxes on income of legal entities, value added tax, excise taxes, customs duty, and import surcharge) are of the stochastic type. This submodel will be incorporated into the quarterly econometric model of the Slovak economy.
|Date of creation:||Jan 1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://www.ihs.ac.at
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Institute for Advanced Studies - Library, Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna, Austria|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P. B. Sørensen, 1997. "Public finance solutions to the European unemployment problem?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 12(25), pages 221-264, October.
- Bekx, Peter, 1994. "A model for the EMS exchange rate mechanism," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 105-114, January.
- Franses, Philip Hans, 1996. "Periodicity and Stochastic Trends in Economic Time Series," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774549, March.
- Agell, Jonas & Calmfors, Lars & Jonsson, Gunnar, 1996. "Fiscal policy when monetary policy is tied to the mast," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1413-1440, August.
- Rankaduwa, Wimal & Rao, U. L. Gouranga & Ogwang, Tomson, 1995. "A forecasting model of the Sri Lankan economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 343-375, October.
- Milner, Chris & Wright, Peter, 1998. "Modelling Labour Market Adjustment to Trade Liberalisation in an Industrialising Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 509-28, March.
- Andreas Beyer, 1998. "Modelling money demand in Germany," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 57-76.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ihs:ihstep:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Szoncsitz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.