A Comparative Analysis of the Czech Republic and Hungary. Using small Continuous-Time Macroeconometric Models
In this paper we estimate a continuous-time macroeconometric model of the Hungarian economy and compare it with the Czech model described in Stavrev (1998). On the basis of the estimated models we provide simulations and compare the results between the two countries for i) anti-inflationary policy; ii) monetary and fiscal policies; iii) the effect of different wage indexation schemes; iv) the effect of nominal wage rigidities and v) the effect of price and nominal wage freeze.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://www.ihs.ac.at
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Institute for Advanced Studies - Library, Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna, Austria|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jonson, P D & Trevor, R G, 1981. "Monetary Rules: A Preliminary Analysis," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 57(157), pages 150-67, June.
- Liu, Ta-Chung, 1969. "A Monthly Recursive Econometric Model of United States: A Test of Feasibility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Stavrev, Emil, 2000.
"A Small Continuous Time Macro-Econometric Model of the Czech Republic,"
Transition Economics Series
18, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Emil Stavrev, 2001. "A small continuous time macro-econometric model of the Czech Republic," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 673-705.
- Ann P. Bartel & Frank R. Lichtenberg, 1988. "Technical Change, Learning, and Wages," NBER Working Papers 2732, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mishkin, Frederic S, 1979. "Simulation Methodology in Macroeconomics: An Innovation Technique," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 816-36, August.
- Breuss, Fritz & Tesche, Jean, 1993. "Hungary in transition: a computable general equilibrium model comparison with Austria," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 581-623.
- Hare, Paul & Revesz, Tamas & Zalai, Erno, 1993. "Modeling an economy in transition: trade adjustment policies for Hungary," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 625-652.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ihs:ihstep:19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Szoncsitz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.