Financial work incentives in Britain: comparisons over time and between family types
This paper reviews various techniques for quantifying financial incentives to work, shows how financial work incentives have changed across the population since 1979, and estimates how much of these changes are due to changes in the tax and benefit system.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+44) 020 7291 4800
Fax: (+44) 020 7323 4780
Web page: http://www.ifs.org.uk
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: The Institute for Fiscal Studies 7 Ridgmount Street LONDON WC1E 7AE|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gentry, William M. & Hubbard, R. Glenn, 2004.
"The effects of progressive income taxation on job turnover,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 2301-2322, September.
- William M. Gentry & R. Glenn Hubbard, 2002. "The Effects of Progressive Income Taxation on Job Turnover," NBER Working Papers 9226, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mike Brewer & Tom Clark & Alissa Goodman, 2003. "What Really Happened to Child Poverty in the UK under Labour's First Term?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(488), pages F240-F257, 06.
- Richard Blundell & Thomas MaCurdy, 1998.
"Labour supply: a review of alternative approaches,"
IFS Working Papers
W98/18, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Chris Giles & Paul Johnson & Julian McCrae, 1997. "Housing benefit and financial returns to employment for tenants in the social sector," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 49-72, February.
- Holly Sutherland, 1997. "Women, men and the redistribution of Income," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Richard Dickens & David T Ellwood, 2003. "Child Poverty in Britain and the United States," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(488), pages F219-F239, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ifs:ifsewp:06/20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Seavers)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.