The recapitalization needs of European banks if a new financial crisis occurs
This paper computes the total recapitalization needs of the banking sector of each European country in case of a new systemic financial crisis. These estimations are based on the estimated capital shortages of big individual banks published by the Volatility Laboratory of New York University Stern Business School and the Center for Risk Management of Lausanne.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 3, rue de la Digue, FR-59000 Lille|
Web page: http://www.ieseg.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Acharya, Viral & Engle, Robert & Pierret, Diane, 2014.
"Testing macroprudential stress tests: The risk of regulatory risk weights,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 36-53.
- Viral V. Acharya & Robert Engle & Diane Pierret, 2013. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," NBER Working Papers 18968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acharya, Viral V & Engle III, Robert F & Pierret, Diane, 2014. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9800, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acharya, Viral V & Engle III, Robert F & Pierret, Diane, 2013. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9431, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Viral Acharya & Robert Engle & Matthew Richardson, 2012. "Capital Shortfall: A New Approach to Ranking and Regulating Systemic Risks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 59-64, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ies:wpaper:e201319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monika Marin)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.