Real Crisis or Crisis of Expectations? Employment in Peru Before and After the Structural Reforms
(Available only in Spanish) According to the results of public opinion polls conducted by Apoyo S. A. , until 1991 inflation, terrorism and unemployment were, in that order, the most serious problems that affected the Peruvian population. Towards the mid-1990s, after solving the inflation problem and significantly moderating terrorism, the same polls showed that unemployment and lack of jobs were perceived as the most serious problems that afflict the Peruvian population. This document compares the structural reforms in relation to unemployment in Peru. WP-385 Paying the mortgage: Hyperinflation, reform of the economy, employment and unemployment in the Argentina of the 1990s The causes of the "unemployment explosion" and of the scant creation of jobs in Argentina until 1995 and the future outlook are the two themes of this document, which presents an in-depth interpretation of the case of Argentina.
|Date of creation:||Oct 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/res
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & Gustavo Márquez, 1998. "Ties That Bind: Employment Protection and Labor Market Outcomes in Latin America," Research Department Publications 4118, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Javier Escobal & Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & Máximo Torero, 1999.
"Los activos de los pobres en el Perú,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
7601, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Javier Escobal & Jaime Saavedra & Máximo Torero, 2000. "Los activos de los pobres en el Perú," Documentos de Investigación dt26, Grupo de Análisis para el Desarrollo (GRADE).
- Javier Escobal & Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & Máximo Torero, 1999. "Los activos de los pobres en el Perú," Research Department Publications 3059, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Gustavo Márquez & Carmen Pagés-Serra, 1998. "Ties That Bind: Employment Protection and Labor Market Outcomes in Latin America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4098, Inter-American Development Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:wpaper:4148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.