Glass Ceiling in Research: Evidence from a National Program in Uruguay
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bukstein, Daniel & Gandelman, Néstor, 2019. "Glass ceilings in research: Evidence from a national program in Uruguay," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 1550-1563.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacques Mairesse & Michele Pezzoni, 2015. "Does Gender Affect Scientific Productivity ?. A Critical Review of the Empirical Evidence and a Panel Data Econometric Analysis for French Physicists," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 66(1), pages 65-113.
- Manuel Bagues & Mauro Sylos-Labini & Natalia Zinovyeva, 2017.
"Does the Gender Composition of Scientific Committees Matter?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 107(4), pages 1207-1238, April.
- Bagues, Manuel & Sylos-Labini, Mauro & Zinovyeva, Natalia, 2015. "Does the Gender Composition of Scientific Committees Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 9199, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Sinning, Mathias & Hahn, Markus & Bauer, Thomas K., 2008.
"The Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition for nonlinear regression models,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 8(4), pages 1-13.
- Mathia Sinning & Markus Hahn & Thomas K. Bauer, 2008. "The Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition for nonlinear regression models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(4), pages 480-492, December.
- Lutter, Mark & Schröder, Martin, 2016. "Who becomes a tenured professor, and why? Panel data evidence from German sociology, 1980–2013," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 999-1013.
- Christofides, Louis N. & Polycarpou, Alexandros & Vrachimis, Konstantinos, 2013.
"Gender wage gaps, ‘sticky floors’ and ‘glass ceilings’ in Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 86-102.
- Louis N. Christofides & Alexandros Polycarpou & Konstantinos Vrachimis, 2013. "Gender Wage Gaps, ‘Sticky Floors’ and ‘Glass Ceilings’ in Europe," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 02-2013, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Louis N. Christofides & Alexandros Polycarpou & Konstantinos Vrachimis, 2013. "Gender Wage Gaps, 'Sticky Floors' and 'Glass Ceilings' in Europe," Working Papers 1301, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973.
"Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Ronald L Oaxaca, 1971. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," Working Papers 396, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Maria De Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2015.
"Gender Discrimination and Evaluators’ Gender: Evidence from Italian Academia,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 82(325), pages 162-188, January.
- Maria De Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2011. "Gender Discrimination and Evaluators’ Gender: Evidence from the Italian Academy," Working Papers 201106, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Manuel F. Bagues & Berta Esteve-Volart, 2010.
"Can Gender Parity Break the Glass Ceiling? Evidence from a Repeated Randomized Experiment,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 77(4), pages 1301-1328.
- Manuel F. Bagüés & Berta Esteve-Volart, 2007. "Can gender parity break the glass ceiling? Evidence from a repeated randomized experiment," Working Papers 2007-15, FEDEA.
- Franklin Mixon & Len Trevino, 2005. "Is there gender discrimination in named professorships? An econometric analysis of economics departments in the US South," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 849-854.
- Mengel, Friederike & Sauermann, Jan & Zölitz, Ulf Zoelitz, 2017.
"Gender bias in teaching evaluations,"
ROA Research Memorandum
007, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Mengel, Friederike & Sauermann, Jan & Zölitz, Ulf, 2017. "Gender Bias in Teaching Evaluations," Working Paper Series 6/2017, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Mengel, Friederike & Sauermann, Jan & Zölitz, Ulf, 2017. "Gender Bias in Teaching Evaluations," IZA Discussion Papers 11000, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Friederike Mengel & Jan Sauermann & Ulf Zölitz, 2018. "Gender Bias in Teaching Evaluations," CESifo Working Paper Series 7269, CESifo Group Munich.
- Paul Carrillo & Néstor Gandelman & Virginia Robano, 2014. "Sticky floors and glass ceilings in Latin America," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(3), pages 339-361, September.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- repec:iza:izawol:journl:2017:n:358 is not listed on IDEAS
- Melanie Ward, 2001. "The gender salary gap in British academia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(13), pages 1669-1681.
- Kathy J. Hayes & Donna K. Ginther, 1999. "Gender Differences in Salary and Promotion in the Humanities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 397-402, May.
- Juan Dolado & Florentino Felgueroso & Miguel Almunia, 2012. "Are men and women-economists evenly distributed across research fields? Some new empirical evidence," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 367-393, September.
- Boring, Anne, 2017. "Gender biases in student evaluations of teaching," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 27-41.
- Anne Boschini & Anna SjÃ¶gren, 2007.
"Is Team Formation Gender Neutral? Evidence from Coauthorship Patterns,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 325-365.
- Boschini, Anne & Sjögren, Anna, 2004. "Is Team Formation Gender Neutral? Evidence from coauthorship patterns," Research Papers in Economics 2004:11, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Boschini, Anne & Sjögren, Anna, 2006. "Is Team Formation Gender Neutral? Evidence from Coauthorship Patterns," Working Paper Series 658, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2015:i:117-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Bauer & Mathias Sinning, 2008.
"An extension of the Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition to nonlinear models,"
AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis,
Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 92(2), pages 197-206, May.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Sinning, Mathias, 2006. "An Extension of the Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition to Non-Linear Models," RWI Discussion Papers 49, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Donna K. Ginther & Kathy J. Hayes, 2003. "Gender Differences in Salary and Promotion for Faculty in the Humanities 1977–95," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(1).
- Bozeman, Barry & Corley, Elizabeth, 2004. "Scientists' collaboration strategies: implications for scientific and technical human capital," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 599-616, May.
- repec:spr:jlabre:v:38:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12122-017-9254-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- John M. McDowell & Larry D. Singell Jr. & James P. Ziliak, 2001. "Gender and Promotion in the Economics Profession," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(2), pages 224-244, January.
- Rachel Croson & Uri Gneezy, 2009. "Gender Differences in Preferences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(2), pages 448-474, June.
- NÃ©stor Gandelman, 2009. "Selection Biases in Sports Markets," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 10(5), pages 502-521, October.
More about this item
Keywordsresearch; gender gap; female researchers;
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J4 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:brikps:8244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felipe Herrera Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iadbbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.