Understanding the transaction costs of transition: it's the culture, stupid
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
"The Regulation of Entry,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 1-37.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, "undated". "The Regulation of Entry," Working Paper 19462, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & López-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "The Regulation of Entry," CEPR Discussion Papers 2953, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio LopezdeSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," NBER Working Papers 7892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei & Lopez de Silanes, Florencio, 2001. "The regulation of entry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2661, The World Bank.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "The Regulation of Entry," Working Paper Series rwp01-015, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andre Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1904, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joanna Dzionek-Kozłowska & Rafał Matera, 2016. "O poszukiwaniu przyczyn bogactwa i nędzy narodów w teorii Darona Acemoglu i Jamesa A. Robinsona," Gospodarka Narodowa, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 5, pages 5-26.
- Ilyess El Karouni, 2009.
"Institutional change as cultural change: An illustration by Chinese postsocialist transformation,"
International Journal of Social Economics,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(7), pages 762-772, June.
- EL KAROUNI, Ilyess, 2007. "INSTITUTIONAL Change as Cultural Change. An Illustration by Chinese Postsocialist Transformation," MPRA Paper 8739, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Judit KAPÃ S & PÃ¡l CZEGLÃ‰DI, 2007. "What Does Transition Mean?: Post-socialist and Western European Countries Paralleled," The Journal of Comparative Economic Studies (JCES), The Japanese Society for Comparative Economic Studies (JSCES), vol. 3, pages 3-28, December.
- repec:eee:jcecon:v:45:y:2017:i:3:p:456-480 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dimiter IALNAZOV & Nikolay NENOVSKY, 2010.
"The Evolution of Post-Communist Countries: An Interpretation from the Perspective of Cooperation,"
LEO Working Papers / DR LEO
1600, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Dimiter Ialnazov & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2010. "The evolution of post-communist countries: An interpretation from the perspective of cooperation," ICER Working Papers 03-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Joanna Dzionek-Kozlowska & Rafal Matera, 2016. "Institutions Without Culture. A Critique of Acemoglu and Robinson's Theory of Economic Development," Lodz Economics Working Papers 9/2016, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology.
- Peter J. Boettke & Christopher J. Coyne & Peter T. Leeson, 2015.
"Institutional stickiness and the New Development Economics,"
Chapters,in: Culture and Economic Action, chapter 6, pages 123-146
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Peter J. Boettke & Christopher J. Coyne & Peter T. Leeson, 2008. "Institutional Stickiness and the New Development Economics," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 331-358, April.
- Boettke Peter J. & Coyne Christopher J. & Leeson Peter T., 2004. "The Many Faces of the Market," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-18, December.
- Leonid Krasnozhon, 2013. "Institutional stickiness of democracy in post-communist states: Can prevailing culture explain it?," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 221-237, June.
- Fidrmuc, Jan & Gërxhani, Klarita, 2008.
"Mind the gap! Social capital, East and West,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 264-286, June.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Klarita Gerxhani, 2007. "Mind the Gap! Social Capital, East and West," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp888, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Klarita Gërxhani, 2007. "Mind the Gap! Social Capital, East and West," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 07-10, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- O. Yul Kwon, 2005. "A Cultural Analysis of South Korea's Economic Prospects," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 213-231.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:icr:wpicer:24-2003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simone Pellegrino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icerrit.html .