Understanding the transaction costs of transition: it's the culture, stupid
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
"The Regulation of Entry,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 1-37.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, "undated". "The Regulation of Entry," Working Paper 19462, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & López-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "The Regulation of Entry," CEPR Discussion Papers 2953, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio LopezdeSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," NBER Working Papers 7892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei & Lopez de Silanes, Florencio, 2001. "The regulation of entry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2661, The World Bank.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "The Regulation of Entry," Working Paper Series rwp01-015, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andre Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1904, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joanna Dzionek-Kozłowska & Rafał Matera, 2016. "O poszukiwaniu przyczyn bogactwa i nędzy narodów w teorii Darona Acemoglu i Jamesa A. Robinsona," Gospodarka Narodowa, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 5, pages 5-26.
- Ilyess El Karouni, 2009.
"Institutional change as cultural change: An illustration by Chinese postsocialist transformation,"
International Journal of Social Economics,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(7), pages 762-772, June.
- EL KAROUNI, Ilyess, 2007. "INSTITUTIONAL Change as Cultural Change. An Illustration by Chinese Postsocialist Transformation," MPRA Paper 8739, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michel Zouboulakis, 2010.
"Trustworthiness as a Moral Determinant of Economic Activity: Lessons from the Classics,"
Forum for Social Economics,
Springer;The Association for Social Economics, vol. 39(3), pages 209-221, October.
- Michel Zouboulakis, 2010. "Trustworthiness as a Moral Determinant of Economic Activity: Lessons from the Classics," Forum for Social Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 209-221, January.
- Judit KAPÃ S & PÃ¡l CZEGLÃ‰DI, 2007. "What Does Transition Mean?: Post-socialist and Western European Countries Paralleled," The Journal of Comparative Economic Studies (JCES), The Japanese Society for Comparative Economic Studies (JSCES), vol. 3, pages 3-28, December.
- repec:eee:jcecon:v:45:y:2017:i:3:p:456-480 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dimiter IALNAZOV & Nikolay NENOVSKY, 2010.
"The Evolution of Post-Communist Countries: An Interpretation from the Perspective of Cooperation,"
LEO Working Papers / DR LEO
1600, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Dimiter Ialnazov & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2010. "The evolution of post-communist countries: An interpretation from the perspective of cooperation," ICER Working Papers 03-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Joanna Dzionek-Kozlowska & Rafal Matera, 2016. "Institutions Without Culture. A Critique of Acemoglu and Robinson's Theory of Economic Development," Lodz Economics Working Papers 9/2016, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology.
- Peter J. Boettke & Christopher J. Coyne & Peter T. Leeson, 2015.
"Institutional stickiness and the New Development Economics,"
Chapters,in: Culture and Economic Action, chapter 6, pages 123-146
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Peter J. Boettke & Christopher J. Coyne & Peter T. Leeson, 2008. "Institutional Stickiness and the New Development Economics," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 331-358, April.
- Boettke Peter J. & Coyne Christopher J. & Leeson Peter T., 2004. "The Many Faces of the Market," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-18, December.
- Leonid Krasnozhon, 2013. "Institutional stickiness of democracy in post-communist states: Can prevailing culture explain it?," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 221-237, June.
- Fidrmuc, Jan & Gërxhani, Klarita, 2008.
"Mind the gap! Social capital, East and West,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 264-286, June.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Klarita Gerxhani, 2007. "Mind the Gap! Social Capital, East and West," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp888, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Klarita Gërxhani, 2007. "Mind the Gap! Social Capital, East and West," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 07-10, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- O. Yul Kwon, 2005. "A Cultural Analysis of South Korea's Economic Prospects," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 213-231.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:icr:wpicer:24-2003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simone Pellegrino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icerrit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.