Duality and Derivative Pricing with Time-Changed Lévy Processes
In this paper we study the pricing problem of derivatives written in terms of a two dimensional Time-changed Lévy processes. Then, we examine an existing relation between prices of put and call options, of both the European and the American type. This relation is called put-call duality. It includes as a particular case, the relation known as put-call symmetry. Necessary and sufficient conditions for put-call symmetry to hold are shown, in terms of the triplet of local characteristic of the Time-changed Lévy process. In this way we extend the results obtained by Fajardo and Mordecki (2004a) and Fajardo and Mordecki (2004b) to the case of Time-changed Lévy processes.
|Date of creation:||29 Nov 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://professores.ibmecrj.br/erg/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Margrabe, William, 1978. "The Value of an Option to Exchange One Asset for Another," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 177-86, March.
- Bekaert, Geert & Wu, Guojun, 2000.
"Asymmetric Volatility and Risk in Equity Markets,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(1), pages 1-42.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Schroder, Mark, 1999. "Changes of Numeraire for Pricing Futures, Forwards, and Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1143-63.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based models and some of their uses in financial economics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 167-241.
- Fajardo, J. & Mordecki, E., 2003. "Put-Call Duality and Symmetry," Finance Lab Working Papers flwp_54, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman, 2002. "The Fine Structure of Asset Returns: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 305-332, April.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2006. "Pricing Derivatives On Two-Dimensional Lévy Processes," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(02), pages 185-197.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibr:dpaper:2005-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Márcio Laurini)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.