Duality and Derivative Pricing with Time-Changed Lévy Processes
In this paper we study the pricing problem of derivatives written in terms of a two dimensional Time-changed Lévy processes. Then, we examine an existing relation between prices of put and call options, of both the European and the American type. This relation is called put-call duality. It includes as a particular case, the relation known as put-call symmetry. Necessary and sufficient conditions for put-call symmetry to hold are shown, in terms of the triplet of local characteristic of the Time-changed Lévy process. In this way we extend the results obtained by Fajardo and Mordecki (2004a) and Fajardo and Mordecki (2004b) to the case of Time-changed Lévy processes.
|Date of creation:||29 Nov 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://professores.ibmecrj.br/erg/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman, 2002. "The Fine Structure of Asset Returns: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 305-332, April.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based models and some of their uses in financial economics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 167-241.
- Geert Bekaert & Guojun Wu, 1997.
"Asymmetric Volatility and Risk in Equity Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
6022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2006. "Pricing Derivatives On Two-Dimensional Lévy Processes," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(02), pages 185-197.
- Schroder, Mark, 1999. "Changes of Numeraire for Pricing Futures, Forwards, and Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1143-63.
- Fajardo, J. & Mordecki, E., 2003. "Put-Call Duality and Symmetry," Finance Lab Working Papers flwp_54, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Margrabe, William, 1978. "The Value of an Option to Exchange One Asset for Another," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 177-86, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibr:dpaper:2005-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Márcio Laurini)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Márcio Laurini to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.