Dissolving a Common Value Partnership in a Repeated 'queto' Game
We analyse a common value, alternating ascending bid, first price auction as a repeated game of incomplete information where the bidders hold equal property rights to the object auctioned off. Consequently they can accept (by quitting) or veto any proposed settlement. We characterise the essentially unique, sequentially rational dynamic Bayesian Nash equilibrium of this game under incomplete information on one side and discuss its properties.
|Date of creation:||May 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Feldman Building - Givat Ram - 91904 Jerusalem|
Web page: http://www.ratio.huji.ac.il/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kittsteiner, Thomas, 2003.
"Partnerships and double auctions with interdependent valuations,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 54-76, July.
- Kittsteiner, Thomas, 2000. "Partnerships and Double Auctions with Interdependent Valuations," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 01-15, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Geanakoplos, John, 1994. "Common knowledge," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 40, pages 1437-1496 Elsevier.
- Zvika Neeman, 1999. "Property Rights and Efficiency of Voluntary Bargaining under Asymmetric Information," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(3), pages 679-691.
- Benny Moldovanu, 2002. "How to Dissolve a Partnership," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 158(1), pages 66-, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6017 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas Vieille & Eilon Solan, 2001.
- Mertens,Jean-François & Sorin,Sylvain & Zamir,Shmuel, 2015.
Cambridge University Press, number 9781107030206, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:huj:dispap:dp318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tomer Siedner)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.