Honor Thy Creditors Beforan Thy Shareholders: Are the Profits of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises Real?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giovanni Ferri & Li-Gang Liu, 2010. "Honor Thy Creditors Beforan Thy Shareholders: Are the Profits of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises Real?," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 9(3), pages 50-71, Fall.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brandt, Loren & Li, Hongbin, 2003.
"Bank discrimination in transition economies: ideology, information, or incentives?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 387-413, September.
- Loren Brandt & Hongbin Li, 2002. "Bank Discrimination in Transition Economies: Ideology, Information or Incentives?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 517, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2003. "Who gets credit? The behavior of bureaucrats and state banks in allocating credit to Chinese state-owned enterprises," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 533-559, August.
- Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2000. "Bureaucrats, State Banks, and the Efficiency of Credit Allocation: The Experience of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Chong-En Bai & Jiangyong Lu & Zhigang Tao, 2006. "The Multitask Theory of State Enterprise Reform: Empirical Evidence from China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 353-357, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ronald McKinnon, 2013. "Hot Money Flows, Commodity Price Cycles and Financial Repression in the USA and China: The Consequences of Near-zero US Interest Rates," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 21(4), pages 1-13, July.
- Dennis Tao Yang, 2012.
"Aggregate Savings and External Imbalances in China,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 125-146, Fall.
- Yang, Dennis T., 2012. "Aggregate Savings and External Imbalances in China," IZA Discussion Papers 6964, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:chieco:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:296-310 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diego Anzoategui & Mali Chivakul & Wojciech Maliszewski, 2015. "Financial Distortions in China; A General Equilibrium Approach," IMF Working Papers 15/274, International Monetary Fund.
- Shen, Jianfu & Firth, Michael & Poon, Winnie P.H., 2016. "Credit Expansion, Corporate Finance and Overinvestment: Recent Evidence from China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 16-27.
- Dennis Tao Yang & Junsen Zhang & Shaojie Zhou, 2012.
"Why Are Saving Rates So High in China?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Capitalizing China, pages 249-278
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis Tao Yang & Junsen Zhang & Shaojie Zhou, 2010. "Why are Saving Rates so High in China?," Working Papers 312010, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Yang, Dennis T. & Zhang, Junsen & Zhou, Shaojie, 2011. "Why Are Saving Rates So High in China?," IZA Discussion Papers 5465, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dennis Tao Yang & Junsen Zhang & Shaojie Zhou, 2011. "Why Are Saving Rates so High in China?," NBER Working Papers 16771, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Jongchul, 2013. "Income Inequality In Urban China And The Role Of State Sector," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 54(2), pages 159-176, December.
- McKinnon, Ronald & Liu, Zhao, 2013. "Hot Money Flows, Commodity Price Cycles, and Financial Repression in the US and the People’s Republic of China: The Consequences of Near Zero US Interest Rates," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 107, Asian Development Bank.
- Lin, Justin Yifu & Treichel, Volker, 2012. "The unexpected global financial crisis : researching its root cause," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5937, The World Bank.
- van Treeck, Till. & Sturn, Simon., 2012. "Income inequality as a cause of the Great Recession? : A survey of current debates," ILO Working Papers 994709343402676, International Labour Organization.
- Ha-Joon Chang & Antonio Andreoni & Ming Leong Kuan, 2013. "International Industrial Policy Experiences & the Lessons for the UK," Working Papers wp450, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
KeywordsState Owned Enterprises; Soft Budget Constraint; Dividend Policy;
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hkm:wpaper:162009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HKIMR). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hkimrhk.html .