Honor Thy Creditors Beforan Thy Shareholders: Are the Profits of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises Real?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giovanni Ferri & Li-Gang Liu, 2009. "Honor Thy Creditors Beforan Thy Shareholders: Are the Profits of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises Real?," Working Papers 162009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brandt, Loren & Li, Hongbin, 2003.
"Bank discrimination in transition economies: ideology, information, or incentives?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 387-413, September.
- Loren Brandt & Hongbin Li, 2002. "Bank Discrimination in Transition Economies: Ideology, Information or Incentives?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 517, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2003. "Who gets credit? The behavior of bureaucrats and state banks in allocating credit to Chinese state-owned enterprises," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 533-559, August.
- Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2000. "Bureaucrats, State Banks, and the Efficiency of Credit Allocation: The Experience of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Chong-En Bai & Jiangyong Lu & Zhigang Tao, 2006. "The Multitask Theory of State Enterprise Reform: Empirical Evidence from China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 353-357, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ronald McKinnon, 2013. "Hot Money Flows, Commodity Price Cycles and Financial Repression in the USA and China: The Consequences of Near-zero US Interest Rates," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 21(4), pages 1-13, July.
- Dennis Tao Yang, 2012.
"Aggregate Savings and External Imbalances in China,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 125-146, Fall.
- Yang, Dennis T., 2012. "Aggregate Savings and External Imbalances in China," IZA Discussion Papers 6964, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:chieco:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:296-310 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diego Anzoategui & Mali Chivakul & Wojciech Maliszewski, 2015. "Financial Distortions in China; A General Equilibrium Approach," IMF Working Papers 15/274, International Monetary Fund.
- Shen, Jianfu & Firth, Michael & Poon, Winnie P.H., 2016. "Credit Expansion, Corporate Finance and Overinvestment: Recent Evidence from China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 16-27.
- Dennis Tao Yang & Junsen Zhang & Shaojie Zhou, 2012.
"Why Are Saving Rates So High in China?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Capitalizing China, pages 249-278
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis Tao Yang & Junsen Zhang & Shaojie Zhou, 2010. "Why are Saving Rates so High in China?," Working Papers 312010, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Yang, Dennis T. & Zhang, Junsen & Zhou, Shaojie, 2011. "Why Are Saving Rates So High in China?," IZA Discussion Papers 5465, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dennis Tao Yang & Junsen Zhang & Shaojie Zhou, 2011. "Why Are Saving Rates so High in China?," NBER Working Papers 16771, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Jongchul, 2013. "Income Inequality In Urban China And The Role Of State Sector," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 54(2), pages 159-176, December.
- McKinnon, Ronald & Liu, Zhao, 2013. "Hot Money Flows, Commodity Price Cycles, and Financial Repression in the US and the People’s Republic of China: The Consequences of Near Zero US Interest Rates," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 107, Asian Development Bank.
- Lin, Justin Yifu & Treichel, Volker, 2012. "The unexpected global financial crisis : researching its root cause," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5937, The World Bank.
- van Treeck, Till. & Sturn, Simon., 2012. "Income inequality as a cause of the Great Recession? : A survey of current debates," ILO Working Papers 994709343402676, International Labour Organization.
- Ha-Joon Chang & Antonio Andreoni & Ming Leong Kuan, 2013. "International Industrial Policy Experiences & the Lessons for the UK," Working Papers wp450, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:asiaec:v:9:y:2010:i:3:p:50-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .