Banking In China: Are New Tigers Supplanting the Mammoths?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sonja Opper, 2001. "Dual-track Ownership Reforms: Lessons from Structural Change in China, 1978-1997," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 205-227.
- Chun Chang, 2003. "Progress and peril in China's modern economy," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 17(Dec), pages 26-30.
- Park, Albert & Sehrt, Kaja, 2001.
"Tests of Financial Intermediation and Banking Reform in China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 608-644, December.
- Albert Park and Kaja Sehrt & Albert Park and Kaja Sehrt, 1999. "Tests of Financial Intermediation and Banking Reform in China," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 270, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747188 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brandt, Loren & Li, Hongbin, 2003.
"Bank discrimination in transition economies: ideology, information, or incentives?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 387-413, September.
- Loren Brandt & Hongbin Li, 2002. "Bank Discrimination in Transition Economies: Ideology, Information or Incentives?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 517, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Huang, Yiping, 2002. "Is meltdown of the Chinese banks inevitable?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 382-387, December.
- Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2003. "Who gets credit? The behavior of bureaucrats and state banks in allocating credit to Chinese state-owned enterprises," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 533-559, August.
- Stijn Claessens, 1998. "Banking reform in transition countries," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 115-133.
- Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2000. "Bureaucrats, State Banks, and the Efficiency of Credit Allocation: The Experience of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
"Government Ownership of Banks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 265-301, February.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopezde-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," NBER Working Papers 7620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "Government Ownership of Banks," Working Paper Series rwp01-016, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-deSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1890, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Ramon Moreno, 2002. "Reforming China's banking system," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue may31.
- Dutta, M., 2005. "China's industrial revolution: challenges for a macroeconomic agenda," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1169-1202, January.
- Wei, Shang-Jin & Wang, Tao, 1997. "The siamese twins: Do state-owned banks favor state-owned enterprises in China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 19-29.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cousin, Violaine, 2011. "中监为体、西监为用 or the specifics of Chinese bank regulation," MPRA Paper 36040, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; State Ownership of Banks; Corporate Governance; Geography and Performance;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2008-07-20 (Banking)
- NEP-CNA-2008-07-20 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2008-07-20 (Development)
- NEP-TRA-2008-07-20 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hkm:wpaper:052008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HKIMR). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hkimrhk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.