The Effects of Public Listing on the Performance of Banks in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen Chien-Hsun & Shih Hui-Tzu, 2004.
"Initial Public Offering and Corporate Governance in China's Transitional Economy,"
NBER Chapters,in: Governance, Regulation, and Privatization in the Asia-Pacific Region, NBER East Asia Seminar on Economics, Volume 12, pages 185-210
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen-Chien Hsun & Shih Hui-Tzu, 2003. "Initial Public Offering and Corporate Governance in China's Transitional Economy," NBER Working Papers 9574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hsiu-Ling Wu & Chien-Hsun Chen & Mei-Hsuan Lin, 2007. "The Effect of Foreign Bank Entry on the Operational Performance of Commercial Banks in the Chinese Transitional Economy," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 343-357.
- Jiang, Chunxia & Yao, Shujie & Zhang, Zongyi, 2009.
"The effects of governance changes on bank efficiency in China: A stochastic distance function approach,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 717-731, December.
- Shujie Yao & Chunxia Jiang, "undated". "The effects of governance changes on bank efficiency in China: A stochastic distance function approach," Discussion Papers 07/19, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Hsiu-Ling Wu & Chien-Hsun Chen & Hui-Ling Lin, 2009. "Can a stock market listing help to improve the operational performance of China's banks?," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 13-28.
- Berger, Allen N. & Klapper, Leora F. & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Zaidi, Rida, 2008. "Bank ownership type and banking relationships," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 37-62, January.
- Berger, Allen N. & Clarke, George R.G. & Cull, Robert & Klapper, Leora & Udell, Gregory F., 2005.
"Corporate governance and bank performance: A joint analysis of the static, selection, and dynamic effects of domestic, foreign, and state ownership,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2179-2221, August.
- Berger, Allen N. & Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert & Klapper, Leora & Udell, Gregory F., 2005. "Corporate governance and bank performance : a joint analysis of the static, selection, and dynamic effects of domestic, foreign, and state ownership," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3632, The World Bank.
- Kenneth Spong & Richard J. Sullivan, 2007. "Corporate Governance and Bank Performance," Chapters,in: Corporate Governance in Banking, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Korhonen, Iikka, 2011. "Like China, the Chinese banking sector is in a class of its own," BOFIT Discussion Papers 32/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Listing; Cross Listing; Bank Performance; Chinese Banks;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-03-19 (Banking)
- NEP-EFF-2011-03-19 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-TRA-2011-03-19 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hkm:wpaper:072011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HKIMR). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hkimrhk.html .