Like China, the Chinese banking sector is in a class of its own
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Zhou, Mingming, 2009. "Bank ownership and efficiency in China: What will happen in the world's largest nation?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 113-130, January.
- Pessarossi, Pierre & Weill, Laurent, 2013.
"Choice of corporate debt in China: The role of state ownership,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 1-16.
- Pessarossi, Pierre & Weill, Laurent, 2011. "Choice of corporate debt in China : The role of State ownership," BOFIT Discussion Papers 29/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Kumiko Okazaki & Masazumi Hattori & Wataru Takahashi, 2011. "The Challenges Confronting the Banking System Reform in China: An Analysis in Light of Japan's Experience of Financial Liberalization," IMES Discussion Paper Series 11-E-06, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Guonan Ma & Wang Yi, 2010. "China’s High Saving Rate: Myth and Reality," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 122, pages 5-39.
- Vernikov, Andrei, 2009. "Russian banking : The state makes a comeback?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 24/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Richard Herd & Samuel Hill & Charles Pigott, 2010. "China's Financial Sector Reforms," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 747, OECD Publishing.
- repec:cii:cepiei:2010-april-122-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cii:cepiie:2010-april-122-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- William T. Allen & Han Shen, 2011. "Assessing China's Top-Down Securities Markets," NBER Working Papers 16713, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beck , Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2009. "Financial institutions and markets across countries and over time - data and analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4943, The World Bank.
- Richard Podpiera, 2006. "Progress in China’s Banking Sector Reform; Has Bank Behavior Changed?," IMF Working Papers 06/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Bin Liu, 2011. "The Effects of Public Listing on the Performance of Banks in China," Working Papers 072011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Glick, Reuven & Hutchison, Michael, 2013.
"China's financial linkages with Asia and the global financial crisis,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 186-206.
- Glick, Reuven & Hutchison, Michael M., 2013. "China’s Financial Linkages with Asia and the Global Financial Crisis," Working Paper Series 2013-12, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Lee, Jongchul, 2013. "Income Inequality In Urban China And The Role Of State Sector," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 54(2), pages 159-176, December.
- Chen, Ting-Hsuan & Chou, Hsiu-Hsia & Chang, Yuan & Fang, Hao, 2015. "The effect of excess lending on bank liquidity : Evidence from China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 54-68.
More about this item
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bof:bofitp:2011_032. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minna Nyman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bofitfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.