Motives for Sharing in Developing Countries: Experimental Evidence from Jakarta
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ligon, Ethan & Schechter, Laura, 2012.
"Motives for sharing in social networks,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 13-26.
- Ligon, Ethan & Schechter, Laura, 2011. "Motives for Sharing in Social Networks," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt4sn304b6, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Townsend, Robert M, 1994.
"Risk and Insurance in Village India,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 539-591, May.
- Robert M. Townsend, "undated". "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 91-3a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Townsend, R.M., 1991. "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 91-3, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Lund, Susan, 2003.
"Risk-sharing networks in rural Philippines,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 261-287, August.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Susan Lund, "undated". "Risk Sharing Networks in Rural Philippines," Working Papers 97014, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Susan Lund, 2000. "Risk-Sharing Networks in Rural Philippines," Economics Series Working Papers 10, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Juan Camilo Cardenas & Jeffrey Carpenter, 2008.
"Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from Field Labs in the Developing World,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 311-338.
- Jeffery Carpenter & Juan Camilo Cardenas, 2006. "Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from field labs in the developing world," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0616, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Gubert, Flore, 2007. "The formation of risk sharing networks," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 326-350.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4392 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ligon, Ethan & Schechter, Laura, 2017. "Structural experimentation to distinguish between models of risk sharing with frictions in rural Paraguay," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt9891t8g3, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
Keywordssharing; altruism; reciprocity; network; experimental economics;
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2014-04-18 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2014-04-18 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2014-04-18 (South East Asia)
- NEP-SOC-2014-04-18 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:primdp:53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .