Lifetime Labor Income and the Erosion of Seniority-Based Wages in Japan: Evidence Based on Administrative Data Records
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rebick, Marcus, 2005. "The Japanese Employment System: Adapting to a New Economic Environment," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199247240.
- Junya Hamaaki & Masahiro Hori & Saeko Maeda & Keiko Murata, 2012.
"Changes in the Japanese Employment System in the Two Lost Decades,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 65(4), pages 810-846, October.
- Hamaaki, Junya & Hori, Masahiro & Maeda, Saeko & Murata, Keiko, 2011. "Changes in the Japanese Employment System in the Two Lost Decades," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 511, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akiomi Kitagawa, 2014.
"Wage Profiles and Income Inequality among Identical Workers: A Simple Formalization,"
DSSR Discussion Papers
23, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University.
- Akiomi Kitagawa, 2014. "Wage Profiles and Income Inequality among Identical Workers: A Simple Formalization," TERG Discussion Papers 314, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University.
- Takayama, Noriyuki, 2013. "Closing the Gap between the Retirement Age and the Normal Pensionable Age in Japan," CIS Discussion paper series 583, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Takayama, Noriyuki, 2013. "Intergenerational Equity and the Gender Gap in Pension Issues," CIS Discussion paper series 605, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
KeywordsSeniority-based wages; Lifetime labor income; Japan;
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-05-02 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-05-02 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-05-02 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-LTV-2012-05-02 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:cisdps:554. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cihitjp.html .