Determinants of Quantitative and Qualitative Employment Growth: A Comparison between R&D-oriented and Other Start-ups in Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heli Koski & Mika Pajarinen, 2013. "The role of business subsidies in job creation of start-ups, gazelles and incumbents," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 195-214, June.
- Evans, David S, 1987. "Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 657-674, August.
- Yuji Honjo & Nobuyuki Harada, 2006. "SME Policy, Financial Structure and Firm Growth: Evidence From Japan," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 289-300, December.
- Masatoshi Kato & Hiroyuki Okamuro & Yuji Honjo, 2011.
"Does founders’ human capital matter for innovation? Evidence from Japanese start-ups,"
Discussion Paper Series
78, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Dec 2011.
- Kato, Masatoshi & Okamuro, Hiroyuki & Honjo, Yuji, 2011. "Does Founders’ Human Capital Matter for Innovation? Evidence from Japanese Start-ups," CEI Working Paper Series 2011-11, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca, 2010. "On growth drivers of high-tech start-ups: Exploring the role of founders' human capital and venture capital," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 610-626, November.
- Yuji Honjo, 2004. "Growth of new start-up firms: evidence from the Japanese manufacturing industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 343-355.
- Rui Baptista & Francisco Lima & Miguel Preto, 2013. "Entrepreneurial skills and workers’ wages in small firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 309-323, February.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca, 2005. "Founders' human capital and the growth of new technology-based firms: A competence-based view," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 795-816, August.
- Hall, Bronwyn H, 1987.
"The Relationship between Firm Size and Firm Growth in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 583-606, June.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 1986. "The Relationship Between Firm Size and Firm Growth in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector," NBER Working Papers 1965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Honjo, Yuji & Kato, Masatoshi & Okamuro, Hiroyuki, 2010. "R&D financing of start-up firms : How much does founders' human capital matter?," CEI Working Paper Series 2009-15, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Francesca Lotti & Enrico Santarelli & Marco Vivarelli, 2003. "Does Gibrat's Law hold among young, small firms?," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 213-235, August.
- Del Monte, Alfredo & Papagni, Erasmo, 2003. "R&D and the growth of firms: empirical analysis of a panel of Italian firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1003-1014, June.
- Yuji Honjo, 2004. "Growth of new start-up firms: evidence from the Japanese manufacturing industry," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 21-32.
More about this item
KeywordsStart-up; R&D-oriented firm; employment growth; workforce composition; Japan;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-12-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2015-12-12 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2015-12-12 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2015-12-12 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2015-12-12 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TID-2015-12-12 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:ccesdp:62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cchitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.