Brand Teams And Distribution Of Wealth In Brazilian State Championships
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bortoluzzo, Adriana Bruscato & Iaropoli, Pedro Trindade & Machado, Sérgio Jurandyr, 2011. "Demand for Brazilian Soccer: A Censored Model Approach," Insper Working Papers wpe_237, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Young Lee & Rodney Fort, 2008. "Attendance and the Uncertainty-of-Outcome Hypothesis in Baseball," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 33(4), pages 281-295, December.
- Anthony C. Krautmann & James Ciecka, 2009. "The Postseason Value of an Elite Player to a Contending Team," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 10(2), pages 168-179, April.
- da Silva, Aneirson Francisco & Marins, Fernando Augusto Silva, 2014. "A Fuzzy Goal Programming model for solving aggregate production-planning problems under uncertainty: A case study in a Brazilian sugar mill," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 196-204.
- Kim, Kyeongheui & Park, Jongwon & Kim, Jungkeun, 2014. "Consumer–brand relationship quality: When and how it helps brand extensions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 591-597.
- B Buraimo & D Forrest & R Simmons, 2009. "Insights for clubs from modelling match attendance in football," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 60(2), pages 147-155, February.
- Leif Brandes & Egon Franck & Stephan NÃ¼esch, 2008. "Local Heroes and Superstars," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 9(3), pages 266-286, June.
- Synthia Kariny Silva de Santana & Alexandre Stamford da Silva, 2009. "The determinants of demand in football matches during the 2007 Brazilian Championship," Working Papers 0906, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Biner, Burhan, 2014. "Parity in professional sports when revenues are maximized," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 12-20.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dmitry I. Ignatov & Sergey I. Nikolenko & Taimuraz Abaev & Jonas Poelmans, 2014. "Improving Quality Of Service For Radio Station Hosting: An Online Recommender System Based On Information Fusion," HSE Working papers WP BRP 31/MAN/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Schreyer, Dominik & Schmidt, Sascha L. & Torgler, Benno, 2016. "Against all odds? Exploring the role of game outcome uncertainty in season ticket holders’ stadium attendance demand," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 192-217.
- Babatunde Buraimo & Rob Simmons, 2015. "Uncertainty of Outcome or Star Quality? Television Audience Demand for English Premier League Football," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 449-469, November.
- Pamela Wicker & John C. Whitehead & Bruce K. Johnson & Daniel S. Mason, 2017.
"The effect of sporting success and management failure on attendance demand in the Bundesliga: a revealed and stated preference travel cost approach,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(52), pages 5287-5295, November.
- Pamela Wicker & John C. Whitehead & Bruce K. Johnson & Daniel S. Mason, 2016. "The Effect of Sporting Success and Management Failure On Attendance Demand In The Bundesliga: A Revealed and Stated Preference Travel Cost Approach," Working Papers 16-02, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University, revised 2016.
- Russell Ormiston, 2014. "Attendance Effects of Star Pitchers in Major League Baseball," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 15(4), pages 338-364, August.
- Budzinski, Oliver & Kohlschreiber, Marie & Kuchinke, Björn & Pannicke, Julia, 2019. "Does music quality matter for audience voters in a music contest?," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 122, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Craig A. Depken & Peter A. Groothuis & Mark C. Strazicich, 2020. "Evolution Of Community Deterrence: Evidence From The National Hockey League," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(2), pages 289-303, April.
- Martin Grossmann & Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang, 2010.
"Revenue Sharing and Competitive Balance in a Dynamic Contest Model,"
Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 36(1), pages 17-36, February.
- Martin Grossmann & Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang, 2007. "Revenue Sharing and Competitive Balance in a Dynamic Contest Model," Working Papers 0070, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised May 2009.
- Martin Grossmann & Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang, 2007. "Revenue Sharing and Competitive Balance in a Dynamic Contest Model," Working Papers 0015, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA), revised May 2009.
- Martin Grossmann & Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang, 2008. "Revenue Sharing and Competitive Balance in a Dynamic Contest Model," Working Papers 0822, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists, revised Nov 2009.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2021. "On the Incidence of an Ad Valorem Tax: The Adoption of VAT in the UK and Cost Pass Through by English Football Clubs," De Economist, Springer, vol. 169(1), pages 37-61, February.
- Noor Hasmini Binti Abd Ghani & Mohammad Kashedul Wahab Tuhin, 2016. "Consumer Brand Relationships," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 950-957.
- Shoag, Daniel & Veuger, Stan, 2017. "Taking My Talents to South Beach (and Back)," Working Paper Series rwp17-019, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Julianne Treme & Samuel K. Allen, 2011. "Press Pass: Payoffs to Media Exposure Among National Football League (NFL) Wide Receivers," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 12(3), pages 370-390, June.
- Miguel Jara & Dimitri Paolini & Juan Dios Tena Horrillo, 2015.
"Management Efficiency in Football: An Empirical Analysis of Two Extreme Cases,"
Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(5), pages 286-298, July.
- M. Jara & D. Paolini, 2012. "Management Efficiency in Football: An Empirical Analysis of two Extreme Cases," Working Paper CRENoS 201222, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Miguel JARA & Dimitri PAOLINI & Juan de Dios TENA HORRILLO, 2015. "Management efficiency in footbal: an empirical analysis of two extreme cases," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2802, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- JARA, miguel & Paolini, DIMITRI & TENA, J.D., 2012. "Management efficiency in football: an empirical analysis of two extreme cases," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2012044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Paul Madden, 2015. "Welfare Economics of â€œFinancial Fair Playâ€ in a Sports League With Benefactor Owners," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 16(2), pages 159-184, February.
- Scott Tainsky & Jason Winfree, 2010. "Short-Run Demand and Uncertainty of Outcome in Major League Baseball," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 37(3), pages 197-214, November.
- Banerjee Shubhomoy & Shaikh Ateeque, 2020. "Examining the Impact of Contextual Factors in Brand Relationship Initiation and Maintenance: Evidence from Bottom of Pyramid Markets," Review of Marketing Science, De Gruyter, vol. 18(1), pages 75-97, September.
- Michael R. Ward & Alexander D. Harmon, 2019. "ESport Superstars," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 20(8), pages 987-1013, December.
- Brown, Katie M. & Salaga, Steven, 2018. "NCAA football television viewership: Product quality and consumer preference relative to market expectations," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 377-390.
- Brian Mills & Rodney Fort, 2014. "League-Level Attendance And Outcome Uncertainty In U.S. Pro Sports Leagues," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 205-218, January.
- Allie D. LeFeuvre & E. Frank Stephenson & Sara M. Walcott, 2013. "Football Frenzy," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 14(4), pages 440-448, August.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetition structure; redistribution effect; Brazilian football; State Championships; brand-teams.;
All these keywords.
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- E25 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Aggregate Factor Income Distribution
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SPO-2015-01-19 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:30man2014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Shamil Abdulaev or Shamil Abdulaev (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.